Breastfeeding Momma's 40+lbs to lose

Options
asherje
asherje Posts: 4 Member
Hey guys, just had baby #3 in December 2017 and baby #2 March 2016.

Have sooooo much baby weight to lose, I still look 9mo pregnant and nothing fits except maternity close and not loosely might I add :neutral:

But with EBF I dont want to cut too much from the diet and 3 botched epidrals after a rough pregnancy I move like a 90yr old lady. So stating back on MyFitnessPal and just enrolled in the online BeachBody to do their Postnatal workouts.

I have never been one of those moms who "loose weight breastfeeding" if anything I get fatter :tired_face:

Anyone else on this journey of new babies, nursing and weight issues.

Replies

• DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I'm going to tag you in another breastfeeding thread so you can see the info I gave about losing weight while nursing.
  • Stephieshealthy36
    Stephieshealthy36 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had my 4th in August and plan to breastfeed for another 6 months. I'm the heaviest I've ever been and not happy about it. I know I'm overeating so I got back on the app to hold myself accountable. Carbs are killers and sadly I'm addicted to them
  • Athomemermaid
    Athomemermaid Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I had my first in September. Everyone said I would loose the weight breastfeeding. They lied! And they didn't tell me about the hunger involved. Add me if you want ☺ I'm just getting more active on here.
  • carrieleann54
    carrieleann54 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My youngest is 9mo and although she’s on solids she’s still nursing like a newborn. I haven’t lost weight nursing and I struggle with constant eating so here I am..
  • slimpicknjan
    slimpicknjan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just had #4 five weeks ago so I'm not looking to loss a ton right now or very quickly but i do need to be accountable for what I'm eating. I lost 45lbs prior to this pregnancy with this app, so I know it works.
  • robynsklar
    robynsklar Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I had baby #2 7 weeks ago. I have my mfp goal as 0.5 pounds a week. I’m staying within calories and breastfeeding. In the last month I lost 5 pounds.
  • DatGuhlFromDaSipp
    DatGuhlFromDaSipp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    FTM delivered on 2/28. Looking to lose weight also....but not most of my weight is pre-pregnancy weight. I'm just sick of being fat. I hated that throughout my pregnancy, I was profiled for certain diseases/conditions because of my age (35) and being overweight and hypertensive. I want another child and want to give myself the best chances possible.
  • melodyis4reals
    melodyis4reals Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I gained weight too. My babe is 21 months now, still breastfeeding and I’m still 35 lbs over my pre pregnancy weight. I decided (finally) to start logging my diary everyday. I feel like that is going to be the catalyst for change.
  • ak4711209
    ak4711209 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is me! 6 weeks PP and slowly losing. Breastfeeding keeps me pretty hungry though!
  • ak4711209
    ak4711209 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Add me if you would like to follow eachothers progress :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you need help setting your calorie goal the second half of this thread covers it pretty well:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

And this group is active and has some great ladies in it.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/639-post-partum-pack

Welcome to MFP!
  • athomps122
    athomps122 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am due tomorrow and planning on breastfeeding....what do you ladies recommend as far as calories while breastfeeding? I have heard up carbs and fats in my macros by 500 calories. Thoughts? This is my first baby & pregnancy too...
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    athomps122 wrote: »
    I am due tomorrow and planning on breastfeeding....what do you ladies recommend as far as calories while breastfeeding? I have heard up carbs and fats in my macros by 500 calories. Thoughts? This is my first baby & pregnancy too...

Congratulations! See the above links by 4legs. It has some good info but since it's impossible to know how many ounces of breastmilk are coming out of your breast at each feeding, it's a good idea to keep it simple and set your account to maintain your current weight if weight loss is your goal. Breastfeeding alone will create a deficit for you. The advice to eat 500 more calories on top of your maintenance calories is for women who are trying to maintain their weight while breastfeeding. Aim for losing a pound or less per week depending on how much you have to lose. That might require some manual adjusting of your calories or even eating above maintenance at times. No need to do anything special with your macros, just eat to nourish and energize yourself.
  • Fitforevermore
    Fitforevermore Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    In breastfeeding baby number three, 1month old, looking to lose42lbs...