No matter how hard I try...

Options
It seems like no matter how hard I try, I cannot make myself not eat the half-baked ben and jerry's ice cream, and I cannot get my butt off the couch to use my elliptical... which sits right beside the couch:ohwell: What do you guys do to stop yourselves, or to make yourself get up and get active???:grumble:

Replies

• michellelynne1
    Options
    It seems like no matter how hard I try, I cannot make myself not eat the half-baked ben and jerry's ice cream, and I cannot get my butt off the couch to use my elliptical... which sits right beside the couch:ohwell: What do you guys do to stop yourselves, or to make yourself get up and get active???:grumble:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    When we started eating better, I did a massive purge of the freezer, frdige and cupboards and threw out all the "bad" food. I do not buy any more when I go grocery shopping so the temptation is not in our home!

As to exercising... it helps to married to a former Marine who kicks me out of bed to go to the gym!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

I tend not to buy things that I feel I am going to have a struggle with..I love icecream so I wont attempt to even have any in the house just yet......Try to do your machine first thing in the morning before you turn on the tv...I made a promise to myself I cant watch my soaps if I dont excercise lol.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    you could eat the ice cream while you're ON the elliptical.... you'd be halfway there!

You know, taking baby steps! :laugh:
  • mommy_of_3_boys
    Options
    When we started eating better, I did a massive purge of the freezer, frdige and cupboards and threw out all the "bad" food. I do not buy any more when I go grocery shopping so the temptation is not in our home!

As to exercising... it helps to married to a former Marine who kicks me out of bed to go to the gym!
    I agree, I just don't buy it! As for exercising.. it's hard for me sometimes bc I'm so tired from trying to keep up with my 2 & 4 yr olds during the day & waking up with my 3 mo old at night! (just thinking about it makes me sleepy! lol :yawn: ) I just have to remind myself that the only way I'm not going to be fat anymore is to get off of my butt & do something about it! I also know that I will feel so much better after I exercise. Anyway, good luck to you!
  • FloridaGranny
    FloridaGranny Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    OR - try the ellipical while you're watching a tv show....... If you are a morning person, exercise first thing then you won't talk yourself out of it....

You can always tell yourself that WHEN you exercise, then you HAVE to eat more calories....... pretty soon you won't want the ice cream because "why go to all that hard work of exercising just to eat junk???"

Baby Steps
    Baby Steps
    Till you learn how to Walk.......
  • mommy_of_3_boys
    Options
    you could eat the ice cream while you're ON the elliptical.... you'd be halfway there!

You know, taking baby steps! :laugh:
    This sounds like a good idea to me! lol :laugh:
  • michellelynne1
    Options
    Thanks guys, lol, I'm thinking the eating while on the elliptical is a fantastic idea! I think I will try doing my elliptical in the mornings before work, the only problem being my shifts start at 6am sometimes so I would have to wake up at 4am at the latest to get my half hour in.... which is do-able! And yes, being married to a marine would help:wink:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Switch to Haggen Daas frozen yogurt. The dulce de leche is my absolute favorite! I like it more than ice cream! Mmmm... AND only eat SOME if you've already worked out. I know, I know...easier said than done...
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

You sound like me a couple of weeks ago minus the ice cream (i dont buy ice-cream) but I was working out at home for the longest time until I lost interest/motivation- No matter how much I told myself that I was/needed to workout I didn't do it. I would maybe do it once a week but not like I needed too.
    Now I am in a routine I go to the gym the gym motivates me completely (seeing skinny/fit people gives me that drive)

I go to work all day long- get off pick the kids up go home get them something to eat change my clothes and head right out the door with the kids and hit the gym and bust my butt while I am there- (yeah its a little hectic but it gets the job done- The entire family goes to the gym including my husband- the kids like going to play and him and I enjoy our workouts and quality time together--

If you aren't able to hit the gym try getting some dvds there are pleny out there- instead of sitting on the couch watching tv get on you elliptical to watch your shows try it out tomorrow
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, lol, I'm thinking the eating while on the elliptical is a fantastic idea! I think I will try doing my elliptical in the mornings before work, the only problem being my shifts start at 6am sometimes so I would have to wake up at 4am at the latest to get my half hour in.... which is do-able! And yes, being married to a marine would help:wink:

Good luck with morning workouts I just can't do it I have a hard enough time trying to get up for work on time. Its just easier for me to workout after work