What's your BIGGEST obstacle?

Options

Replies

• mamaredhead
    Options
    1. Missing a good and healthy lunch.
    No lunch leads to an empty stomach. An empty stomach leads to hunger. Hunger leads me to the grocery store. The grocery store fills my bag with all kinds of food I don't actually need (nor want). Funny food leads to unhealthy meals. And that definitely leads to the dark side of the force.

2. Plus there is no time to go to the gym I love, being a single mother with not enough money for babysitters on a regular basis.

Yeah, working hard and being alone is basically it.
  • josaleigh
    Options
    Weekends. I love to eat at pubs and drink beer and then go to Mcdonalds for a hangover breakfast (and usually a midnight snack too!!)
    If there was no weekend, I would be skinny.

Amen
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    my self

taso42

MFP!
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I am totally slacking in my eating and working out departments. I have become overly obsessed with everything, that I needed to take a step back. Right now since my funds are low, I cant even go grocery shopping, so eating this week has been horrible...but hanging in with my workouts!
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend and my willpower.

He brings crap into the house.... I eat it.

If I was single I would be ripped again. Sigh.
  • lannlynn
    lannlynn Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    boredom.........it's hard to believe that I actually get bored at times but I do and then that's when I want to eat ......everything!!! I try hard NOT to get bored!
  • Nessi37
    Nessi37 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Ugh! The weekends are the worst! It's easier to control what I eat during the work week. I can pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks and stay right on track. When the weekend rolls around, its another story. The fridge is too easily accesible and I LOVE to bake for my boyfirend and his son, who are both skinny of course :0)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Trying to find healthier alternatives to my cravings. Lately my craving has been for slow roasted pork with a side of rice and black beans, but I know that it's not that great for me. I know cravings are just your body's way of trying to get some sort of nutrient it needs, but the hardest part is trying to figure out what I need that's in the food I'm craving. Sometimes, if it's vague, I know what it is. For instance, I'm craving something salty, I probably need salt. I'm craving something sweet, I probably need sugar. I crave oranges, I probably need vitamin C. But what am I supposed to do when my body decides that it wants pork, rice and beans? Or something of non-nutritional value, like ice? :| (when I crave ice, I'm not dehydrated. I crave water when I'm dehydrated :P)
  • carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    my parents! They just dont get it! They dont understand that its a life change not just a diet. I still live home bc moving out is way too expensive for me right now. My mom will cook whatever she wants and when she makes pasta, I get an argument if I start to make my own dinner or I get told "have a little" They dont get that I want to cut out past and pizza as much as possible. Since Ive been working on this, Ive had pasta (whole wheat) once and havent had pizza. My dad seems to think i work out in the gym with 15lb weights for 5 mins and come home. He wouldnt last 15 minutes doing what i do

... and my boss thinks my protein shakes are steroids and wants me to take a drug tust lol
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options
    my habit of reverting to an oh F&%K it attitude when I make a tiny slip... generally causes me to go months repeating "I'll restart tomorrow, I'll restart Monday, For SURE I'm restarting Wednesday" always followed up with "but since I've already blown it for today..."

usually results in ice cream, cupcakes, pizza, candy blah blah blah. badness!!!

I feel ya! That's always been my problem in the past...I'll start tomorrow. Whoops I forgot and ate something bad, might as well start tomorrow, blah blah blah :|
  • laurenpence
    Options
    food. I love it.....I love cooking and baking but I have learned to enjoy the fattening stuff with portion control.
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Reeses addict here, too... lol
  • polkataniec
    Options
    I party hard on weekends!I'm a Harley girl and have a lots of friends who party and ride, ride and party no time for healthy cooking on weekends.I love the wine too and it all slow downs my progress...I try to log all that stuff and be close in the target area.I do well on workdays and love to workout.Very active personality.
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    peanut butter and chocolate. and dont even get me started on reeses.

hello. reeses = my heaven & my hell.
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    Love for cooking and food. I'm a former professional chef... so whenever I make something, I think of how much tastier it would be if I added this or that. Unfortunately, most of culinary school is about making yummy food not healthy food.
  • fawnkay0ne
    Options
    Trying to find healthier alternatives to my cravings. Lately my craving has been for slow roasted pork with a side of rice and black beans, but I know that it's not that great for me. I know cravings are just your body's way of trying to get some sort of nutrient it needs, but the hardest part is trying to figure out what I need that's in the food I'm craving. Sometimes, if it's vague, I know what it is. For instance, I'm craving something salty, I probably need salt. I'm craving something sweet, I probably need sugar. I crave oranges, I probably need vitamin C. But what am I supposed to do when my body decides that it wants pork, rice and beans? Or something of non-nutritional value, like ice? :| (when I crave ice, I'm not dehydrated. I crave water when I'm dehydrated :P)

Slow roasted pork with rice and black beans actually sounds pretty nutritional to me! If you use a lean cut of pork, and brown rice, this sounds like a great healthy dinner!
  • caraleeschmidt
    caraleeschmidt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    MEEEEEEEEEEEE! Finding my motivations to just get my eating back on track. I have lost and gained the same 60lbs over and over. I know I can do it, 3 pregnancies in 5 years didn't help. But my baby is turning 2 next week, so I have no excuses. I seem to be able to find motivation for a month or 2 then I slide back. Thankfully, I've managed to maintain what I've lost, as I am active, but summer camping and BBQs and just lots of good stuff to eat gets in the way.
  • brittanyjeanxo
    Options

Slow roasted pork with rice and black beans actually sounds pretty nutritional to me! If you use a lean cut of pork, and brown rice, this sounds like a great healthy dinner!

Hm, I suppose you're right. :) However, the Boyfriend doesn't like rice. Or pork...or beans. D:
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    BOOZE!!!
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    BOOZE!!!