What ten pounds looks like in my face:

Options
infamousmk
infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
I normally wear a LOT of makeup, but today I went fresh-faced and took a pic. (I'm known to take pics of myself just about every day anyway...) Decided to do a comparison shot from earlier this year. Photo on the left is from about March or so (when I was probably above 218, but had really stopped checking), and photo on the right is from today. I hope it doesn't get cut off in the forum, but I bet it will....

[img]http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy109/lovesdenvergirl/self portraits/081011a.jpg[/img]

Replies

• infamousmk
    Options
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    awesome job! I can for sure see the difference! I tend to lose weight in my face first also
  • GinaKiss89
    Options
    What a great idea! Keep up the good work. I love it when we can tell we are changing.
  • hiyakitten
    Options
    I wish....... I lost 10 lbs and I have no idea where. I think I lose it in my chest first which is dissappointing because you can't really tell... I feel at a lull with it and I REALLY want to stay motivated just don't know how.
  • LotsOtots5
    LotsOtots5 Posts: 174
    Options
    Wow right on!! You look great!!!
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    I wish....... I lost 10 lbs and I have no idea where. I think I lose it in my chest first which is dissappointing because you can't really tell... I feel at a lull with it and I REALLY want to stay motivated just don't know how.

its hard when you dont notice the difference, ive yo-yo'd so many times! Usually when i give up is when i stop seeing the change. Dont do that to yourself! Keep working and the difference will be unsurmountable!
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You look great! and so much prettier without all of the paint! Lol I used to be the same way with my makeup, Nowadays, it has to be for a good reason for me to put a lot of makeup on. I just feel soooo much better without it!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well Done!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options

Do you ever take any measurements? Can really recommend it. I've lost 10lbs which am pleased about but I was gobsmacked when I compared measurements before and after as I had lost 5" off my waist! If you go to the check-in tab, you can add whatever you like i.e. bust, waist, hips measurements. I also track my BMI as I'm anticipating it will be very motivating to no longer be obese (BMI < 30) and no longer be overweight (BMI < 25), in the Tools section you can calculate your BMI. Hope that gives you something to try out and motivate. I'm also going to brave standing in my bra + pants and take photo's every 10lbs and if I make it to GW I may actually post them up on this site! Good Luck :)
  • Gatormommyof4
    Options
    that is great, Keep up the good work!!! I notice it in my fast first as well, but I also agree to keep track of your measurements. I never had before but I am now. I noticed after I had lost 7 lbs. that I had already lost 3 inches from my waist. I've lost 12lbs now and have lost a total of 5 in. from my waist. My hips and neck are still the same, but I am already losing my double chin. :-)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    You look great! I can see a difference beyond the makeup-keep taking the photos to compare like a time-lapse photo.

The picture on the wall behind you tho....maybe it's just the angle of the photo but it looks crooked (sorry, it distracted me).
  • infamousmk
    Options
    You look great! and so much prettier without all of the paint! Lol I used to be the same way with my makeup, Nowadays, it has to be for a good reason for me to put a lot of makeup on. I just feel soooo much better without it!

Thank you. I still love wearing makeup. A good reason to wear it is because I enjoy it in my world. I don't wear makeup to cover or hide my skin or my face, I am a makeup hobbyist and like to play with the colors and textures.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    You look great! I can see a difference beyond the makeup-keep taking the photos to compare like a time-lapse photo.

The picture on the wall behind you tho....maybe it's just the angle of the photo but it looks crooked (sorry, it distracted me).

You know, everyone always says that when I take pictures from this spot!! The photo is level, but for some reason the angles of the image in the photo coupled with the angle I hold the camera always makes it look crooked! Weird stuff, man!
  • reidhome
    reidhome Posts: 26
    Options
    FABULOUS!! You look great!
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Keep up the good work!
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Thank you all! I'm really a visual kind of girl, so seeing some results means a ton to me.
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    <3 you without make up on!! :) You can pull both off. I can really see a difference. It will be epic to see 20lbs difference :D
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Off topic but... what kind of foundation do you use?
  • ma66ie72
    ma66ie72 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You know, I think you’re more beautiful without make up. Really.
  • infamousmk
    Options
    Off topic but... what kind of foundation do you use?

I use MAC Studio Fix Fluid topped with MAC Mineralize Skin Finish (and sprayed down with a lot of fixing spray!). I blend a cool and warm tone in two different shades because I'm not specifically cool or warm toned. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!