Help! How do I curb sugar cravings?

Options
I recently went from zero exercise to working out 5 days a week. The last few nights I've had severe sugar cravings and the weird thing is I don't usually like sweets or even crave them. Im unsure what to do. I have done weight watchers for years so I follow a pretty healthy diet and I am not sure what to do with out over indulging. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• Stineekeberg
    Stineekeberg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Many people feel their sugar cravings go away when they take a magnesium supplement. Maybe that can be helpful for you as well?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Why not have some fruit or some chocolate? Just save some calories for it.
  • Daddy78230
    Daddy78230 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually get intense craving after a long cardio session. Right after exercising, I usually have small piece of fruit and/or drink plenty of low cal electrolytes. That seems to significantly numb the cravings.
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    Fruit usually helps a lot, I prefer apples or a banana after working out.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back exercise calories? If not, you may be undernourished...eating more substantial meals or planning snacks may help.

When you say you're craving sugar, what do you feel like eating? (I doubt you want to literally eat sugar out of the bag?)

This was my thought.

I'd suggest just eating a little something after a workout or increasing overall calories to reflect the added exercise (you could try adding in more carbs or having some fruit post workout, but it's likely just how the desire for a bit more in calories is manifesting).
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Eat something sweet that fits your calorie goals.