Lean Bulking Naturally

2»

Replies

• Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    edited March 2018
    Vernetti,

You have a good build in your pic so you must be doing something right.

Going from 153 to 167 in just over a year is very good. Keep that up and you will be fine.
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Lean59man wrote: »
    Vernetti,

Indeed.
  • xVERNETTIx
    xVERNETTIx Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks guys :) i appreciate that alot!!!!
  • xVERNETTIx
    Vernetti,

Indeed.

Thank you
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    I agree it's decent progress. But you'll find it might get a bit harder the further you progress which is where intelligent training comes into play.

Mine is a competitive intermediate power lifting program by Boris Sheiko. I definitely would not recommend it to someone who's still a beginner. That would be a fast track to overworking yourself.

That's why I highly recommend a beginner based program. Sorry to hear about the relationship man. Anytime that's happened to me i put all of my energy into training and working on myself. It's the best thing you can do. Keep up the grind.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    jessef593 wrote: »
    I agree it's decent progress. But you'll find it might get a bit harder the further you progress which is where intelligent training comes into play.

Mine is a competitive intermediate power lifting program by Boris Sheiko. I definitely would not recommend it to someone who's still a beginner. That would be a fast track to overworking yourself.

That's why I highly recommend a beginner based program. Sorry to hear about the relationship man. Anytime that's happened to me i put all of my energy into training and working on myself. It's the best thing you can do. Keep up the grind.

Definitely, the best thing is to act constructively as opposed to drinking oneself into a stupor every night.
  • ricka1962
    ricka1962 Posts: 84 Member
    Your picture shows a difference between 2015/2016. Which looks to me like your doing just fine with what you are currently doing. Is a 2017 or current pic better or worse in your opinion?

If it's better, just keep going. If you find you are getting fat, like some would predict, you can always adjust your strategy. But in my opinion, sounds like you have a long term goal and are looking for some motivation to help get you there and keep up the patience along the way. It's a good attitude to have in my opinion.

I've never done a bulk and cut cycle (intentionally). Too afraid, of not being able to cut :-). I tend to stay at the same weight range, but just want to see more muscle and definition so I use the mirror and my clothes to keep me pointed in the right direction. So far so good. I've been doing this way way longer than 3 years.

BTW - If you've been doing this since 2015 and getting results I would not classify you as a beginner at all.

• jessef593
    For beginner I wasn't making a dig at OP. Merely stating the transition from beginner to intermediate takes years. To be classified as an intermediate in powerlifting or lifting in general you need above a 300 wilks.

I barely classify myself as am intermediate personally
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited March 2018
    For beginner I wasn't making a dig at OP. Merely stating the transition from beginner to intermediate takes years. To be classified as an intermediate in powerlifting or lifting in general you need above a 300 wilks.

You would be very close to advanced with 300 in powerlifting as a competitive lifter but you would score advanced in pretty much all lifts by then on standards charts.
  • jessef593

You would be very close to advanced with 300 in powerlifting as a competitive lifter but you would score advanced in pretty much all lifts by then on standards charts.

I'm at 303. For qualifying in provincial you need w minimum of 350. I'd say definitely not advanced.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Just wanted to throw out, you look to still be in that 18-25yo range (still growing, testosterone levels pretty damn high). You might be able to get away with not getting much body fat with going over maintenance (can be a moving target for yourself).
  • xVERNETTIx
    ricka1962 wrote: »
    Your picture shows a difference between 2015/2016. Which looks to me like your doing just fine with what you are currently doing. Is a 2017 or current pic better or worse in your opinion?

If it's better, just keep going. If you find you are getting fat, like some would predict, you can always adjust your strategy. But in my opinion, sounds like you have a long term goal and are looking for some motivation to help get you there and keep up the patience along the way. It's a good attitude to have in my opinion.

I've never done a bulk and cut cycle (intentionally). Too afraid, of not being able to cut :-). I tend to stay at the same weight range, but just want to see more muscle and definition so I use the mirror and my clothes to keep me pointed in the right direction. So far so good. I've been doing this way way longer than 3 years.

BTW - If you've been doing this since 2015 and getting results I would not classify you as a beginner at all.

Picture now is close to the same definition just a bit stronger. I had a gym room at my house for year 1. Year 2 was basically just maintenance gained some strength but not much size with everything I had going on and no place for my own equipment anymore so i garage jumped between unmotivated buddys and day passed at the gym which led to much more unmotivated periods lol trying to bump my numbers up again for year 3 tho!! Would like to get my bench from 225x4 to 315x1 but realistically I'll probably only make it to 265-280 range if I'm lucky haha I don't like one rep maxing often not trying to get snapped up.
  • xVERNETTIx
    Just wanted to throw out, you look to still be in that 18-25yo range (still growing, testosterone levels pretty damn high). You might be able to get away with not getting much body fat with going over maintenance (can be a moving target for yourself).

About to turn 26 but a bit of a late bloomer or young genetics I suppose, most people guess between 19 and 23 in person depending on facial hair and clothes that day haha
  • xVERNETTIx

Definitely, the best thing is to act constructively as opposed to drinking oneself into a stupor every night.

For sure! iv yet to have a single drink of alcohol in 3 months Never been a drinker much anyway get emotional and bloated almost every time anymore ahahaha
  • xVERNETTIx

Thanks man appreciate that and I agree about the intelligent training Everytime I did research on something deeper I made better strength progress my first 2 months were the biggest joke of my life haha
  • BrianJohnson2015
    BrianJohnson2015 Posts: 68 Member
    Hey man looking good (no homo). I started 160 lbs 6ft in aug 2015 and now 182 lbs I gained about a pound a month with increasing body fat from 11 or 12 percent to maybe 15 percent max. I had almost a full year in the middle where I plateaued because I lost focus. My point being is I have made steady gains when focusing on surplus calories and it kept me from having to do bulk cut cycles. That’s on 3/4 days of lifting a week
  • xVERNETTIx
    Hey man looking good (no homo). I started 160 lbs 6ft in aug 2015 and now 182 lbs I gained about a pound a month with increasing body fat from 11 or 12 percent to maybe 15 percent max. I had almost a full year in the middle where I plateaued because I lost focus. My point being is I have made steady gains when focusing on surplus calories and it kept me from having to do bulk cut cycles. That’s on 3/4 days of lifting a week

Thanks! Sounds almost exactly how Its been for me just 5,10 and lift usually 4 times but sometimes 5 a week, year two sucked as well lol