Minnesota

Options

Replies

• gophermatt
    gophermatt Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Ketchup is considered a spice here, if you come, bring your own tobacco. We’re the opposite of the coasts, it’s a great place to live but I’m not sure I’d want to visit.

Haven’t figured out how to quote, but what 1977 said earlier about ice fishing is 1000% true.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    What lake is found near the town White Bear Lake?
    Have you ever danced a polka at Lumberjack Days with your dad’s sweaty friend? I HAVE.

Define "near". ;) I can name at least three of the top of my head. Would you like the one with the drainage problem, the one that's pretty good fishing, or the one that is part of the water supply for St Paul? ;)

Haven't been to Lumberjack Days, nor been on the new bridge yet. But, I have danced with a telephone pole before. ;)

Damn lakes are everywhere! We lived on a large mud puddle/lake called “loon lake” — I imagine there are dozens of them with this name.

The license plate does not lie (if it still says land of 10,000 lakes)

I live out west now and haven’t been on the new bridge! It was fun watching the old one in the park, though. Haven’t been back to Stillwater since I graduated from high school, but have visited family in River Falls and surrounding areas, plus trips to the cities. Incredible how many absolutely gorgeous rural areas/small towns are within totally reasonable commuting distance to Minneapolis/St Paul... Might move back someday, but I think I’d miss the mountains and proximity to the ocean. Plus there’s the unbearable freaking cold and blasted humidity... beautiful country and good people, though.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    if you rearrange the letters in Minnesota it spells nominates.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Lewis Black... paging Lewis Black...
  • xFunctionalStrengthx
    xFunctionalStrengthx Posts: 4,928 Member
    Options
    What lake is found near the town White Bear Lake?
    Have you ever danced a polka at Lumberjack Days with your dad’s sweaty friend? I HAVE.

Define "near". ;) I can name at least three of the top of my head. Would you like the one with the drainage problem, the one that's pretty good fishing, or the one that is part of the water supply for St Paul? ;)

Haven't been to Lumberjack Days, nor been on the new bridge yet. But, I have danced with a telephone pole before. ;)

Damn lakes are everywhere! We lived on a large mud puddle/lake called “loon lake” — I imagine there are dozens of them with this name.

The license plate does not lie (if it still says land of 10,000 lakes)

I live out west now and haven’t been on the new bridge! It was fun watching the old one in the park, though. Haven’t been back to Stillwater since I graduated from high school, but have visited family in River Falls and surrounding areas, plus trips to the cities. Incredible how many absolutely gorgeous rural areas/small towns are within totally reasonable commuting distance to Minneapolis/St Paul... Might move back someday, but I think I’d miss the mountains and proximity to the ocean. Plus there’s the unbearable freaking cold and blasted humidity... beautiful country and good people, though.

I know of a Loon Lake up near Crosby. But, not sure of any near Stillwater/WBL area. As there's so many lakes as you said.

I'm originally from CA, and was tranplanted to MN due to parents moving here when I was a kid. Although, I'm contemplating a move elsewhere in the future. Unknown time/place though.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    if you rearrange the letters in Minnesota it spells nominates.

Whoaaa
  • tiffanygarncarz8417
    tiffanygarncarz8417 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Only been there twice. From Wisconsin here!
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    cee134 wrote: »
    Sorry, I am from North Dakota

Banana lies!
    Sorry, I am from North Dakota

Y u always lyyyinnn

Born and raised in Buttzville!!

Hot Dog Johnny’s!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    vikings-diggs-2-blog427.jpg
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    vikings-diggs-2-blog427.jpg

Ill take this one please

ii1ylam4vstz.jpg
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    tjl7thykzbwx.jpg
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    tjl7thykzbwx.jpg

I almost spit out my coffee
  • CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Danw586 wrote: »
    St Paul and Duluth next week

Wanna grab a drink?
  • andy_dad
    andy_dad Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    From Minnesota, and proud of it!
  • Babbs1977
    Babbs1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Twin Cities area here! :)
  • Horndave22
    Horndave22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    From South Dakota. GO JACKS.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    tjl7thykzbwx.jpg

Aaah Haha! :D
    Minnie Sodas.
    I new a band once called "Sarge-Loda" They thought that would be a cool band name. When I asked them why that band name, they told me. That's "Large Soda" if you're too drunk to pronounce it. I'm like alrightee then. :/
  • Halseysmirk
    Halseysmirk Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I spend my summers in Detroit Lakes MN, camping and pontoon life and we drink so we get the beer goggles on until we look hot in our bikinis.
  • Horndave22
    Horndave22 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    [quote Omg hot dish!! I’ve heard all about how awful hot dish recipes are![/quote]

From whom, they have no idea how delicious they REALLY ARE.

• CaptainFantastic01
    Options
    Why is this one broken??