My favorite motivational quotes, what are yours?

Options
If I am struggling on that last rep or running up a steep hill I think "you gotta earn it!." I actually us his in all areas of my life. I was in the Marines for 16 years and I like "The change is forever." "Food is a tool" to fuel my body so I can workout harder. It isn't something to appease my emotions.My all time favorite was said by Elizabeth Gilbert "The women whom I love and admire their strength and grace did not get that way because *kitten* worked out. They got that way because things went wrong, and they handled it...Those women are my superheroes."

What are some of your favorite moto quotes?

Replies

• Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    Options

"The time passes anyway. You can either spend it creating the life you want or living a life you don't. The choice is yours."

Remind myself of this one often :)

• missKmorgan
    missKmorgan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is from Old Yankee Wisdom - "The only way to get on your feet is to get off your a**."
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I'm not much for motivational quotes, but my weight loss approach is kind of at odds with OP's. I believe food is pleasurable and there is absolutely nothing wrong with enjoying it. My motto is that it's important to enjoy life, and I don't need to wait until I achieve a certain weight to do it. Working on goals and experiencing joy in whatever is enjoyable don't need to be mutually exclusive.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    "Just keep moving forward" got me through my first half ironman. I repeat it in my head all the time when I want to quit. It works even better in the voices of my best tri girlfriends :)
  • kdpotter
    kdpotter Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    HilTri wrote: »
    If I am struggling on that last rep or running up a steep hill I think "you gotta earn it!." I actually us his in all areas of my life. I was in the Marines for 16 years and I like "The change is forever." "Food is a tool" to fuel my body so I can workout harder. It isn't something to appease my emotions.My all time favorite was said by Elizabeth Gilbert "The women whom I love and admire their strength and grace did not get that way because *kitten* worked out. They got that way because things went wrong, and they handled it...Those women are my superheroes."

• kdpotter
    Options

• kdpotter
    Options
    “If I can take it, I can make it.” Louis Zamperini (Unbroken). Nothing I’m doing will ever compare to what he and other POWs endured. I can power through another 5 minutes on the tread climber! Louis Zamperini is a shining example of grit, endurance, and proof of what a tenacious spirit can accomplish in life. I don’t have the most talent, but I do believe that I can have the best work ethic. Quitting isn’t an option and he inspires me to push through and be better!
  • hapamama23
    hapamama23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    "Don't give up what you REALLY want for what you want right now."

Ex. What I really want is to be healthy, what I want right now is a candy bar and a nap.

"It is easier to back slide when the hill is too steep."

If you keep failing and sliding back into old habits, set smaller more attainable goals.

"Are your actions in line with your goals? You'll only hit what you're aiming at."
  • hapamama23
    hapamama23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    "When you get tired, learn to rest, not quit."

"The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide your not going to stay where you are."
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Oh amusedmonkey! Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoy eating. I cook, try new foods and account for the calories in some of my favorites like carrot cake w cream cheese frosting on a birthday! I used to eat when I was bored, tired or lonely, now I don't!