Hi.... FEELING MIDDLE AGED

Options
Hate the lable " Middle Aged" but its true I guess.
Dislocated my knee twice in five weeks and definatly feeling Middle aged, clymsy and out of shape for sure. I feel young in my mind, heart and soul. Returned to college, workout, have a fast pace on my feet job but Im just cutting it. Just about died when the scale at the doctor's office said 230. " How did you hurt your knee? " tge Dr asked...... yeah uhmm.... I stepped out of the elevator and when I stepped down there was a crunch and now it hurts to put pressure on it was my answer. So the Dr had to clarify I hurt my knee hurrying out of the elevator.
Ps I think 231 was my highest weight with my largest baby ...... 23 years ago. Frustrated and tired of feeling tired and out of shape.
C. D :/

Replies

• sugarandgasoline
    Options
    Hi! I'm quite a bit younger (I think I'm about your baby's age) - so glad to see you here! This is going to be a great time for you, finding more love for yourself and learning and experiencing new things. Stay strong, keep going and add me to your friends if you like ♡
  • daniel_constance
    daniel_constance Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I need all the support I can get. I am down six pound which I consider a blessing as I can't workout because of a knee issue.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I love being middle aged. If I only new in my 20s what I know and understand now in my 40s...
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I need all the support I can get. I am down six pound which I consider a blessing as I can't workout because of a knee issue.
    Well done! You lost six pounds through eating less, which has a much greater impact than exercise.
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    daniel_constance, you don't need to workout to lose weight. 4 years ago I lost 50lbs in 3 months just by counting calories. Congrats on the 6lbs lost!
  • BeckyLynnRichards
    BeckyLynnRichards Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Middle aged!?!! When did that happen to me?? I'm only 39 and people tell me that makes me middle aged. Of course, they say I get to "be middle aged for a long time"... any way, I have had to have an acl repair and a meniscus removed so I get the knee issues. I think we can all use some extra motivation sometimes. I lost 45 pounds when I started this journey and then fell off the wagon and put 10 back on. It's nice to come here and see people going through some of the same issues as far as the knees and struggles. Keep up the good work ya'll!
  • daniel_constance
    daniel_constance Posts: 8 Member
    Options
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    That's ok. Adrian Beltre is middle-aged and he's only 39.