Dairy free protein bars??

Options
2»

Replies

• shortie555
    shortie555 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    shortie555 wrote: »
    Landau protein bars - peanut caramel is really good! They have them on amazon

WOW never heard of these! I will have to try!

Yea! Let me know what you think! I am obsessed!
  • potatovegan
    potatovegan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A really good one I have found is Pegan Bars, particularly the chocolate lava flavor. They are high protein, low carb, and really pretty darn good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    A really good one I have found is Pegan Bars, particularly the chocolate lava flavor. They are high protein, low carb, and really pretty darn good.

Ive tried these and they were just okay. Worth trying because even though I didn’t really like them, I’ve read a lot of other people seem to like them. The only one I thought was good was the sunflower butter one. They weren’t as bad as the no cow bars and actually palatable lol.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options

The calories per g of protein seems great. I'll give them a try, although I'm expecting to not be impressed by the taste :neutral:
  • HawkMikado
    HawkMikado Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Vega One bars are delicious, vegan, and also can be used as a meal replacement
  • potatovegan
    potatovegan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    fuzzylop72 wrote: »

The calories per g of protein seems great. I'll give them a try, although I'm expecting to not be impressed by the taste :neutral:

Well, it's not a snickers bar, but I actually like them. I'm on my second box.
  • Sambo_fitness
    Sambo_fitness Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Have you considered making your own?? Very easy to do!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Another vote for Clif Builder. The chocolate hazelnut and chocolate peanut butter are my favorites. The calorie per gram of protein ratio isn't amazing--280 calories for 20 grams of protein--but it's not terrible either.

I also like the Pro Bar Base cookie dough, which has a similar macro profile as Clif Builder, but it seems to be a far more expensive bar...at least where I've found it. I can get Builder bars on Amazon $14 for a dozen, but Pro Bars cost about twice that.
  • omobad312
    omobad312 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just had the dairy free No Cow peanut butter chocolate chip protein bar and it was delicious.
  • TheHobbit2017
    TheHobbit2017 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Got some from Aldi a while back called pulsin I think. They are smaller size than standard to be cheaper I guess but taste alright
  • crita50
    crita50 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Are you vegan or vegetarian or just can't have dairy? I like potatovegan's suggestions. The bars are from Julian Bakery who also has an egg white version and a beef collegen version. I've tried them all. My favorites are the egg white variety, particularly, vanilla cookie, glazed donut, and chocolate brownie.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Pulsin, PHD Supagrain bars, Cliff

I'm a meat eater yet love all these.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like some of the no cow bars. Raspberry and blueberry are handy when I can find them. However, did not care for carrot cake or chocolate mint. There are some vegan bars at whole food type stores that are tempting but hard to find the right calories to protein ratio as some are rather high for 12 grams or less of protein. Think I did enjoy the Rise bar too if memory serves me correct.