Starting Over: Round 100 for 100 Pounds

Options
challenge4wellness
challenge4wellness Posts: 3 Member
edited March 2018 in Getting Started
Okay... I haven't kept track of the number of times which I've tried to lose weight, but it certainly feels like a daunting number. Today it finally hit me that I have to commit to taking care of myself when I realized that I need to lose a full 100 pounds. If you have advice or want to be an accountability partner, please feel free to add me and join me on this journey.

100th times the charm!

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Join the club. I lost 66 and then put back about 35. I'm back in the groove again and down another 12. Getting and keeping your "MFP Mojo" is what I call it. I recommend you join the F2F challenge. It adds mutual support, team allegiance and competition to help you maintain motivation and accountability.
  • Rdwron
    Rdwron Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’m also a yoyo, new start, goal is 80lbs. I have never tried it with a support group. Think it may help to share
  • sherryritenburgh
    sherryritenburgh Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Am new also with 100 to lose first goal
  • 1donner1
    1donner1 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Motivation and drive have been my biggest setbacks. Have been trying to find and keep the MOJO for some time now. Not getting with the program:( Need help from other struggling folks. Please add me if you'd like.
  • MovingRumsAss
    MovingRumsAss Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    At one point I needed to lose 125lbs (I hate admitting that) and got down to 62lbs to go when I let things go out of whack. I'm back with 90lbs to lose and this time I'm not only working on the food and exercise but myself along the way.
  • kaiteefit
    kaiteefit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    100 is my goal! And yeah...I've been up and down but I'm done yoyoing.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    How about making it less daunting and making it Round 1 of 10 to lose 10lbs?
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Check out the podcast HalfSizeMe. It will change your perspective on the process.
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat want to loose 100lbs but this is my first time trying so here goes
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've always been a yo-yo. Trying my best to make this the time that sticks! I get so disappointed when I realize where I was as to where I am now, but I know I can make it back there and eventually SOME DAY actually meet my goal instead of getting discouraged when I plateau and binge eating. Best of luck to you, I have a little over 70 pounds to go!
  • kariswlj
    kariswlj Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Right there with you all! It's so daunting when you look back and see how hard you worked to lose any weight and then have it slowly creep back because you lost sight of the goal. I'm getting older now and it's not funny anymore. Well it was never fun or funny but in my 20s it seemed like it could wait till next Monday...haven't we all been there? I'm 3 yrs away from turning 40 and I don't want to reach that age wishing I had done something about it years ago.
    I just came back from a few years break and I'm looking for folks in the same journey as myself. That will understand the long process and wish to be supportive. Please add me if you wish! :smile:
  • Flame_Grilled
    Flame_Grilled Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My word, its only when you come to the community pages that you realize you are not alone. I've been a member before and lost a fair amount of weight. I got injured and pretty much went back to square one. I need accountability in my life and support for sure. My overall goal is 80lbs loss. I have also got little sub-goals too some weight related some NSV's too.