DRAMA FREE ZONE

Options
Oh boy I was just sitting up in my room reminiscing on the first half of my 30’s. Can we say STRESS filled? One thing after another. Probably thee most horrific times in my entire life. But I’m just glad I’m still able to stand and prayerfully on the road to recovery. At this point my goal is to keep my life simple and not complicate things. Closing my spirit off to any negativity. My hormones need to settle down to keep this weight loss going. Whoosah!

What are somethings or rituals you perform to remain stress free?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    beer
  • HappyKat5
    HappyKat5 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    beer

Lol, I was gonna say wine.
    But, seriously, as I’ve gotten older, I realize the stuff that I stressed about in my earlier years are just not worth it at this point. I always try to say something nice to a stranger, because I never know what that person is going thru and maybe just saying hello to them might make them have a nicer/better day. Or I open the door for someone. It’s the little things.

• Golferdrone
    Golferdrone Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Walk more, gym more, no time for anything else
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    HappyKat5 wrote: »
    beer

Lol, I was gonna say wine.
    But, seriously, as I’ve gotten older, I realize the stuff that I stressed about in my earlier years are just not worth it at this point. I always try to say something nice to a stranger, because I never know what that person is going thru and maybe just saying hello to them might make them have a nicer/better day. Or I open the door for someone. It’s the little things.

so much this. Im in between the younger years and the older years (think babies and marriage)

Iv just accepted my position for now and try to not stress about things not in my immediate control-

For an example- obviously some things like my grampas health going downhill stresses me but i acknowledge i cant fix it so my stressing over that would be better put towards hanging with him as much as i can and prepping myself mentally for whats incoming.

The mind shift helped my life so much- Focus on what you can immediately control -Like exercising and eating well and being social with your friends and family and the smaller life problems. Sets a positivity ball rolling when you fix/achieve something good for you right now, Then you can tackle other problems. Lifes to short to sweat the small stuff, And the big stuff looks way less scary when its shrunk back to its managable proportion out of the heat of the moment.
  • KrisJ125
    KrisJ125 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well, prayer always dissipates stress/worry for me. Also, on the train ride home I read for enjoyment to wind down from the workday.