Looking for Active Friends for Accountability

Options
zenartist24
zenartist24 Posts: 22 Member
Hello all!

Some brief background about me: I am a 32 year old male vegetarian looking to lose 15 lbs. I struggle with snacking and emotional eating. If I am bored or anxious, I reach for chips (like, the whole bag!).

I am on my honeymoon in Puerta Vallarta right now at an all-inclusive. My wife and I are having a great time but it is also opening my eyes to some not so happy things. I see lots of VERY overweight, older people who seem like they have given up. My retired parents are both overweight and have very eating habits. I don't want to be that person. I want to be the 32 year old that people look at and say 'he's got the energy of a college graduate!'. My wife and I want to start trying to have a baby soon. That is my extra motivation. I want to be as healthy a father and husband I can be for my family and model a healthy lifestyle for my future child.

I currently weigh 184 lbs (5'9"). My goal is to get my weight down to 170 lbs at 1 lb/week. I have committed to logging all of my food/drink/exercise on MFP. In terms of activity, I am starting small by committing to 30 minutes of exercise, 6 days a week. This could be running (my exercise of choice), or it could just be walking. I eventually want to ramp up my running routine but my main focus right now is eating healthier.

I am looking for someone (or a group of people) who has similar goals that I can message when I feel I'm slipping and that I can help motivate in return. If you are ready to put in the work with sustainable change as your goal, message me and let's support each other! I will be starting this journey when I get back from my honeymoon on Monday, 4/2.

Thanks everyone!

Bill

Replies

• sklala
    sklala Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your marriage! I'd love to join you in this journey. I am recently (about a year) a vegetarian myself, and have had to embark on a whole new eating process, which has subsequently seen me not seeing the same results as before. It would be nice to have support as I recommit to this. I have committed to logging food at this point, with the understanding in about a months time to start the fitness aspect again. My partner is a Personal Trainer, so I am looking to get one aspect under control before I start another. Feel free to add me.
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations! I am new to the WFPB way of eating (occasionally slip into whatever is convenient)
    I am also learning to run, at my own pace (no specific program) Feel free to add me.
    Renee
  • ValentinePamplemousse
    Options
    I’ve been a vegetarian since I was 16 and I’m now going on 48. I’ve been a vegan for a year. It can be a challenge finding and preparing meals, especially when I am super busy and HUNGRY. I’ve been relying on sugar and carbs way to much, and I’ve not been exercising regularly. I am determined to get my *kitten* together before I turn 50. Those of us on this string should stay in touch here.
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Bill - I am that older guy trying to get back to similar weight as you- I am targeting 170 and I am 5'10". Feel free to add me.