exercise, young children & work

Options
2»

Replies

• FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    How bad do you want it? I home school an 11 year old with moderate Autism and also have a 3 year old. You can use your kids as weights, furniture to help you accomplish dips, do sprints in the backyard, jumping jacks and push ups with the kids, walk everywhere you can. Eat well, and fuel your goals. Get up early---30 minutes---and do something that makes you sweat. My cable has Jillian Michaels 30day shred on demand and a bunch of other exercise shows on demand and on channels. You can make playlists on youtube and create your own Zumba routine. It doesn't have to be complicated. Just go hard. Sweat heavily. Make yourself do it. If you can afford it, find a gym with childcare. My gym offers childcare, and it's just $35 a month. All the equipment that I could ever want is always in my grasp---PLUS there are at least 2 classes *per day* 6 days a week that help me keep it fun. I do Zumba, Group Power (weight lifting) classes, sometimes yoga or Pilates. I gave up my smart phone so that I could justify the gym money, and I don't regret the decision for one second.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Also: Check out this workout of the day from Mark's Daily Apple.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/wow-housework/
  • countrygirl_717
    Options
    I'm no early bird either, but its up at 5 am for a workout for me or there's never another time. I run a daycare in my home (5-8 kids) and live on a farm so there's nonstop work there too. You just have to make it a priority. I've worked out while the kids were here plenty of times, but mostly its bright and early so that way I know I won't skip it.
    The first couple of mornings are tough, but you get pretty used to it after a bit :)
    You can do it. Just don't tell yourself you can't!!
  • jalysons
    jalysons Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I get up early to do it before anyone else in the house is up. If my husband is not traveling I go for an outside run or to the gym. If he is traveling I need to do videos. Like most people here I am up by 5. I use to not be a morning person, but now I am in. Even on vacation I was up no later then 6:30 and even some days on vacation I woke up at 5 to run to get it in.

A few weeks into it you will love it.