Venting - what I ate that I shouldn't have

Options
I'm so angry with myself. I did it again. Spent an hour at gym to only come back and eat banoffee pie. Srysly

Replies

• MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on. Did you enjoy it? I just had a chocolate frosty with my lunch. Means my dinner will be a salad as I have no work out planned today. Totally worth it.
  • hannahsharratt27
    hannahsharratt27 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey! Don't worry. On Saturday I had a lazy day in my house, went out to buy one creme egg, returned with three packs of sweets and ate them all. Had enough calories for a creme egg, but went over by an additional 1000 calories eating all of the sweets that I did. It's ok. As said before log it and move on. The next day I just made sure I ate healthy and didn't go over those calories, not starving myself or anything. You need to treat yourself every so often, just log it in advance. One treat won't ruin it. I weight myself every Friday and believe it or not, the scales said I was 1/2 a pound down on Monday morning when I weighed out of curiosity.

Usually I plan to have three treats a week, and I pre log them and it usually keeps me under control. Life is too short! And I'm from the UK where Easter chocolate is just too good to completely miss one year!!
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favour and do away with "shouldn't have" - unless you've eaten something that's truly detrimental to your health labeling foods as "things I shouldn't have" doesn't help in the short or long term. Life Happens, it's okay to have the odd treat or one day where you didn't hit a deficit. Just don't let it become a habit.
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    So????? As long as you aren't doing that every day I wouldn't stress it. Tomorrow's a new day. Log it and move forward. You gotta live a little right?
  • ultra_violets
    ultra_violets Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I try hard not to let myself think in terms of "good" or "bad" foods, or that I can't/shouldn't have X, or anything negative and punitive. It's hard to deprogram yourself after a lifetime of this but if you can manage it, I think it's a positive thing for one's health and wellbeing. Everyone needs a treat now and then, and as someone else commented, one treat won't ruin anything. If you eat something that's not the healthiest choice, it's okay! Just move on. Tomorrow is another day.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Meh, I'm not giving up food I love. I just eat a little less of it or eat a little under during the week so I have some cusion for the weekend. Might not be the "right" way but IDC, still losing.
  • DifferentView
    DifferentView Posts: 17,416 Member
    Options
    I ate 3 slices of pizza. I had the calories left and I wanted it. I may gain a little due to all that salt but it will go away. Just log it and go on.
    88olds made some good points to ponder.
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Well I weighed myself today and have gained 2lb
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Magemisty wrote: »
    I'm so angry with myself. I did it again. Spent an hour at gym to only come back and eat banoffee pie. Srysly

A portion or the whole thing?

Either way, log it and move on, what's the other option?!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How many calories in banoffee pie? 7000?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    How many calories in banoffee pie? 7000?

4,744 in my home made pie.

Without cream.
  • Renonelarock
    Renonelarock Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I made cupcakes for the kids thinking I could be strong
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I have 90 calories in 4 oz of sugar-free ice cream every day. It helps keep me sane. It's not all or enough, but it helps.
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have 90 calories in 4 oz of sugar-free ice cream every day. It helps keep me sane. It's not all or enough, but it helps.

Would you rather have the "full fat" version of the stuff and have less or the diet version. Which do you think keeps cravings at bay more.

Sometimes when i try to have a bit to keep myself a little satisfied it works but sometime cause the food is in the house I end up eating all of it wbu?