Geek seeking friends

zombiebrainsss
zombiebrainsss Posts: 8 Member
edited March 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone!

It can be pretty difficult to find other geeks. Even more so, ones that are also on a weight loss journey.

A little about myself:
I enjoy anime, favorites include one piece and fairy tail.
I am teaching myself how to sew and just finished making my first purse. I am starting a quilt now.

I'm into bullet journaling. So anything stationary and fountain pen related fills me with joy.

And of course I'm a gamer, mostly pc. So many games, so little time!

And now forr my story with MFP. I started to use it back in April of 2017. I lost almost 20 lbs but fell off the wagon. A trip to Vegas was the beginning of a 20 lb weight gain. Almost a year later and all I have to show is a 10lb weight loss. I feel very frustrated when I think about where I could have been by now. However all these what ifs do me no good! I am committed this time. I'm not just dieting, I'm making a better relationship with food!

I'm hoping to make friends so that we can keep each other accountable.

Hope to hear from you!

Replies

• sirricelik
    sirricelik Posts: 17 Member
    Used to be a gamer too, for years. I've quit now. Trying to lose my extra pounds. Add me!
  • Barfly57
    Barfly57 Posts: 333 Member
    Do you run? Or bike? Because you might like the Zombies, Run! app.
  • CitricHamster
    CitricHamster Posts: 18 Member
    edited March 2018
    Hey! I'm a gamer too! Mostly pc with games like Dead by daylight etc but I have a PS4 for games like Last of Us, Horizon and Detroit (not out yet but insert girly squeel here).

I unfortunately have no idea what bullet journaling is, I'll have to Google, but if you want to geek out and tell me about that would be cool too. Congratulations on completing your new purse by the way!

I like stationary, big fan of new note books for some reason, not entirely sure why, but I have a lot of them xD

Anyways, if you'd like you can add me. I'm new and never managed to shift the weight so looking for some friends on here to help me stay on track.
  • j_bark
    j_bark Posts: 1,269 Member
    In. Browncoat. Star Warsian. Basketball player.
  • zombiebrainsss
    Barfly57 wrote: »
    Do you run? Or bike? Because you might like the Zombies, Run! app.

I walk and run. I have used zombies, run! It was okay so far.
  • Mindylou5690
    Mindylou5690 Posts: 1 Member
    Do you integrate your weight loss journey into your bujo? I’m trying to decide if I want to.
  • superveggiecat
    superveggiecat Posts: 113 Member
    Hi! I was just searching for "bullet journal" on MFP and found this thread. For me, I feel like if I don't integrate "lifestyle improvement" (insert some less stupid phrase here) activities into my journal, then my journal doesn't reflect what I'm doing and more importantly what I WANT to do.
    This month in my big month tracker I'm doing total produce servings, distance walk/jogged, whether I completed my food journal, whether I completed my challenges, and net weight change. But I don't track/record specific food either in the monthly tracker or daily. That IS what MFP is for.
    But if anybody has any good ideas for MFP integration with their bujo, I'm always looking for ways to do it better!
  • zombiebrainsss
    Do you integrate your weight loss journey into your bujo? I’m trying to decide if I want to.

I tried but decided I just didn't like the way it looked. I like the was MFP does all of that for me.
    You could just try and see if it works for you. I think that is what a bujo is for.
  • zombiebrainsss
    Hi! I was just searching for "bullet journal" on MFP and found this thread. For me, I feel like if I don't integrate "lifestyle improvement" (insert some less stupid phrase here) activities into my journal, then my journal doesn't reflect what I'm doing and more importantly what I WANT to do.
    This month in my big month tracker I'm doing total produce servings, distance walk/jogged, whether I completed my food journal, whether I completed my challenges, and net weight change. But I don't track/record specific food either in the monthly tracker or daily. That IS what MFP is for.
    But if anybody has any good ideas for MFP integration with their bujo, I'm always looking for ways to do it better!

I'm finding that as time goes on, my bujo is becoming more simplistic and focused on to-do's more than anything.