Is this a NSV? If not then.......

Options
thats ok too. But, today i walk into my co-workers office and los and behold he has a whole box of Krispy Kreme donuts. You know, the glazed ones! He offers me one and I say no. He continues to offer and I keep saying no. He says "Man, come on they are not that bad!". I finally got the paper work I needed and walked away. I went to my office and had 2 bananas instead.

Must admit though that I am still thinking about them! :)

Replies

• carbons2k
    carbons2k Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    its a step in the right direction. I dont even think about sweets or candys any more. I have 1 every now and then and afterwards, I feel like it didnt do anything. BLEH!

Good job tho. Itll get easier tho for sure.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    2 bananas? I would of picked the donut, it is the same calories, not the same fat, but still. lol Sorry I am not helping.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    that is FANTASTIC and a definite NSV!

Let me recommend that instead of eating 2 bananas, having 2 apples instead....or a pear and a green pepper. bananas are high in sugar and relatively high on the glycemic index.
  • TommyWR
    TommyWR Posts: 65
    Options
    2 bananas? I would of picked the donut, it is the same calories, not the same fat, but still. lol Sorry I am not helping.

Gee thanks! just kidding, just kidding. I didnt realize that the bananas were that bad.
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options

Gee thanks! just kidding, just kidding. I didnt realize that the bananas were that bad.
    no you did good...bananas have nutritional value to them....donuts have very little if any.
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options

You still did good! Calories are the same in both of those, but over half the calories in a crispy Kreme are from fat!!
    Way to go!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    That is a NSV! :)

It took me a while to stop saying yes when people offered me bad food! CONGRATS on that! :D
  • gdortiz
    gdortiz Posts: 169 Member
    Options

haaaaaa, that is the same thing I thought. two bananas is like 200+ calories.

no, sorry OP, not really a NSV, the two bananas was overkill! lol
  • scaponigro
    scaponigro Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Two bananas is way better than a d*mn donut. It has Fiber, natural sugars and potassium. Even if they equal in calories you are turning down empty calories. Retraining what your body wants. Some of these posters kind of ticked me off.
  • ElizabethObviously
    ElizabethObviously Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I think it is def a NSV. You opted to have fresh fruit instead of a sugary donut! Good job! Keep making good choices!
  • 1973Cougar
    Options
    The Bananas gave you the Potassium that your body needs - The donut would of just made you tired and feel bad that you ate it

Good going
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    congrats. I know how you feel. i actually caved in the other night and and 1 hershey kiss and 1 starburst..people were all ..you are going crazy..i said yup..for me it is going crazy..cause that was the first candy in over a month..

Feels good to turn down stuff...and when you do splurge..doing it in moderation
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful! And a definite NSV! Of course, now I'm craving Krispy Kreme....
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    contrary to popular belief, it's not all about calories, it's about choices.

you done the right thing. the bananas are packed full of nutrients, the donut is just processed white flour, fat and sugar.

WELL DONE, you should be proud of yourself choosing a healthy food.

Calories Schmalories.
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    hmm i think well the average person would pick the donut... But the average person is fat... So dont be average... be better!! You did awesome!! lol
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    bananas would not be my bes choice BUT still miles better than a krispy kreme
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    The Bananas gave you the Potassium that your body needs - The donut would of just made you tired and feel bad that you ate it

Good going

Absolutely agree - 2 bananas over a donut any day. Forget about the calories and the sugar and focus on the nutrients. You fed your body, not just your taste buds. Congrats!
  • stnyco
    stnyco Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Absolutely an NSV in my book!!! You chose nutrient dense food over food with limited nutrients.
  • ncahill77
    ncahill77 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    2 bananas have 210 calories, 52 carbs, 6 grams of fiber and 28 sugar. A Krispy Creme glazed donut has 200 calories, 13 grams of fat, 22 carbs, 1 fiber, and 10 sugar. Let's break this down for the naysayers, you avoid 13 grams of mostly saturated fat, you avoid 10 grams of highly processed sugar and you add in 5 more grams of fiber. Granted overall sugar is higher but naturally occuring sugar in fruit is far healthier than the refined crap in a donut. Also good luck just having 1 donut once you open that door, you can do the math if you end up having 2 or more so.......

GREAT JOB on the bananas in my opinion!
  • Quiltmania
    Options
    Next time, tell him "I'm allergic to donuts, they make me break out in fat all over." What does NSV stand for?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!