Disney Trip Tomorrow and I have Anxiety

Options
Tomorrow we are going on our first trip to Disney World. I’m super excited and have saved forever for this trip. I’ve done great losing 16 lbs since January with MFP, Fitbit, and exercise.

I know that we will walk a TON at Disney—we got the meal plan and I’m terrified i will over eat. Does anyone have any good ideas or tips?

Replies

• sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    All about portion control have fun your walking/exercise will offset some excess but don't be overly anxious best to have good mental state as long as you're close to maintenance you should be fine.
  • vermilionflower
    vermilionflower Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Enjoy yourself. The food at Disney is incredible. Just eat portion controlled...but you will be walking so much it probably isn't going to matter. You'll burn it all off. Plus, once you over eat once there you won't do it again b/c it makes the rest of the day misery.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Calories at Disney Parks don't count haha! But seriously, I don't think I have ever gained more than 1-2 pounds after a Disney trip, mostly due to the amount of walking, as you stated. Have a great time :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    action0099 wrote: »
    Tomorrow we are going on our first trip to Disney World. I’m super excited and have saved forever for this trip. I’ve done great losing 16 lbs since January with MFP, Fitbit, and exercise.

I know that we will walk a TON at Disney—we got the meal plan and I’m terrified i will over eat. Does anyone have any good ideas or tips?

It's one day....one little day. It's not really relevant to the big picture. Go have fun. You're going to be walking a ton.
  • sbedwards1077
    sbedwards1077 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have never gained more than a pound or two while I am there. Just tried to make healthy choices when available and limited treats to once a day. Enjoy your trip!
  • darrenbeckworth
    darrenbeckworth Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Get water from the restaurants... the carts charge, but if you go up to the windows inside places they will give you free water with ice.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Eat because you are hungry, not just because you want to eat. Most of the Disney food is mediocre, with the exceptions of some of the nice restaurants in the hotels. Stick with balanced meals and avoid snacking just to snack. There is no point to eat a 500 calorie ice cream sandwich just because it will entertain you while you stand in line. However, still order what you want and don't feel like you have to stick with salads if you don't want one. Be mindful of the portions and stop eating when you are full. You can tell yourself there is no point in overeating when you have another delicious meal later in the day.
  • Torygetsfit
    Torygetsfit Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The last time I went to Disney was in 2014. At that time you could bring in your own food and drinks. So I was able to pack my own healthier options! Check and see if this is still the policy, if it is, you can pre plan your snacks and relax during meals. If you have a healthy snack ready to go, I find it’s easier to not fall prey to popcorn or ice cream :) Maybe you can bring some healthy snacks with you! Also all food services counters will give you cups of ice water for free, so drink up and stay hydrated!
    Have lots of fun!
  • action0099
    action0099 Posts: 12 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I packed my breakfast for each morning (breakfast bars) and looked at the link that @vermilionflower shared above. We will be there 4 days. I feel better about it. I can take a short jog each morning and I'll be fine; looking forward to the Fitbit steps! I gained a LOT of weight and finally see that counting calories and exercise work. Just don't wanna mess it all up. Thanks all
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    They sell giant turkey legs there. You got 720 calories in the bank for this?

rxK9Tmm.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I've personally have never been to Disney, but just enjoy the experience. Have the same mindset you would with any other special occasion (weddings, birthdays, holidays) & enjoy your favorite foods in moderation or simply pick stuff that you wouldn't eat everyday to make it an even more special splurge. Even if you do gain a few pounds if you jump right back onto the CICO method you will continue on your weight loss path to reaching your goals.

• Kida181
    Kida181 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Calories don't count in Disney. Enjoy!
  • sweetjen8302
    sweetjen8302 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Disney calories don't count!! Seriously though, you walk soooo much, you will be fine. Have fun!
  • keeler521
    keeler521 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    We are going in October, can't wait! Our little one will be almost 5 so should be a great time. I plan to carry her everywhere on my shoulders to add for an extra burn!
  • dixiech1ck
    dixiech1ck Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Disney offers a ton of healthy options, especially in Epcot. You only live once though and you've saved up for this trip so go, enjoy it---life is short. Eat the Mickey Waffles!
  • keeler521
    keeler521 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    action0099 wrote: »

Hows it going so far!?!?!?!?!? I can't wait! OMG. i'm more excited than the kids