I found my new addiction TRAIL MIX!!

is trail mix good or bad for you? i just started craving and been eating it but in moderations. I love like how it all mixed together, does anyone have any ideal or suggest that would be better for me?

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    It is very high in calories. I avoid it. unless i need to ea t more calories.
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Its very high caloric density..........ie a small amount is a lot of calories so be sure to weigh and measure.
  • jennfisher13
    jennfisher13 Posts: 50 Member
    I had just recently bought some too. I have a horrific sweet tooth and thought that it would be better... I'm sorry but 3 table spoons at 130 calories was not worth it to me. My kids have eaten it.... at least my money wasn't wasted.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    You can make your own and have more control over the calories.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    It depends on which kind. I would avoid the ones with m&ms (though that used to be my favorite) and try to find one that's lower in sodium 'cause I guarantee you the nuts in it are probably salted. You could just make your own. Throw in some peanuts, almonds, raisins, and a few dried fruit and you have your very own trail mix but you could control the portions and control the nutritional value by buying specifically what you want in it.
  • CLMillikan
    CLMillikan Posts: 4 Member
    It is very high in calories for such a small serving, but it is great for a boost. Fresh raw fruits and veggies make a better snack choice.
    5456688.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    It is high in fat. I don't keep it in the house anymore. If you must have it, measure it. No more than 3 TBS, put it in a bowl and put the rest away. Use it as a reward when you reach a goal, or have a good week. Limit but don't eliminate. Deprivation leads to binges...
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Like all nuts, it is fine if you have the calories for it. I eat a lot of trail mix! Just watch out for the super unhealthy ones that are mainly candy. You want to see lots of nuts, seeds, and dried fruit, not lots of M&Ms.
  • kneeki
    kneeki Posts: 347 Member
    It is high in fat. I don't keep it in the house anymore. If you must have it, measure it. No more than 3 TBS, put it in a bowl and put the rest away. Use it as a reward when you reach a goal, or have a good week. Limit but don't eliminate. Deprivation leads to binges...
    Monounsaturated and Polyunsaturated...

Trail Mix has a lot of sugar if it's the kind with dried fruits... I love the stuff, but eat it sparingly because of that fact.
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Thank you all so much! i guess ill just finish what i have today and use it as a "treat"

BYE BYE TRAIL MIX :( lol