How long did it take you ....

Options
Hi
Just wondering how long was it before you could actually feel and see you’ve lost weight?
People say it takes 3 months for you to be able to notice

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For me it was losing 7lbs before I felt my clothes starting to get looser, and that for me was around 3 months but it'll be different for everyone. (I had 20lbs to lose)
  • glitterandsparkle8
    glitterandsparkle8 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    no one can really tell you and if they did theyd be over generalizing. Worry yourself over more important things :p

Not worrying just wondering.
  • MichelleF115
    MichelleF115 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how much you need to lose. For me, even losing 5 lbs is very noticeable because I need to lose only about 12, but someone with a lot to lose (30 or more), a 5 lb loss would not be very obvious.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    took me 60lbs
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It will depend on how fast you are losing and how much you have to lose ;) If you can't see anything after 3 months it might be time to change something though
  • jelly_potato
    jelly_potato Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    From personal experience I'd say you start seeing differences almost right away, but they are small and you don't pay much attention them. Maybe your clothes will become a bit more relaxed, or you'll find it easier to run after the bus. Those +-3 months would be more likely necessary for your brain to connect the dots between all those little differences and realize that you now look and feel fantastic. I found that it's most rewarding to try and focus on those small differences and celebrate each and every one. Realistically it might take you two weeks to actually notice weight loss if you are heavier, or even 1-2 months if you have less to lose, but if you focus on the small changes, you will feel that you are physically improving every day.
  • LaurenMT96
    LaurenMT96 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    So far i've lost 27lbs in 9 weeks, i don't see much difference in my body but my jeans are super loose and i have actually lost 16 inches from various areas of my body. Only now do i start to feel any different, I have another 45-50 to go!
  • edetherington
    edetherington Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    It's taken almost 3 months before people started to notice and comment on my weight loss. During that time I have lost almost 35 lbs and the biggest difference has been in my face. I work in an office and sometimes I think people are not sure whether to comment or congratulate on those types of things unless they know you personally.
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My first round I didn't work out at all, took about 20lbs (5 months) before I noticed because I went down a size in my clothing. This time around I've only lost about 9lbs (3 months) and I noticed about 4lbs ago because I'm now working out/weight lifting so I haven't gone down a size but my clothing fits differently and I've noticed I'm stronger and my posture has already improved. So I just all around feel good!
  • Matt151288mfp
    Matt151288mfp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Just wondering how long was it before you could actually feel and see you’ve lost weight?
    depends where u start off really but leaner u are or start of at I would say 8 weeks to start see the really changes come through

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Hi

This will vary depending on how much weight you have to lose and where you genetically drop fat first. You also burn visceral fat before you burn subcutaneous fat, which isn't going to be noticeable on the outside since it's fat around your organs.

Weight loss will be less noticeable with the more weight you have to lose...ie someone with 100 Lbs to lose, 10-20 Lbs probably isn't going to be noticeable. I put on about 8-10 Lbs every winter and it's very noticeable when I put it on and when I take it off because I'm at a healthy BF%.

With my initial weight loss, most of my early losses were in my extremities so it wasn't particularly noticeable. I lost a total of 40 Lbs and you couldn't really see it in my face until I was down about 20 Lbs. My gut was the last to go with the most drastic changes being in the last 10 Lbs or so.

Also consider that these changes take place very slowly over time and are thus very subtle...you look at yourself in the mirror everyday, so it's going to be difficult to see those subtle changes over time because you're always going to look "normal"....take pictures.
  • tmaths
    tmaths Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    When shirts that were too tight, are now loose and you generally have more energy overall
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    For me it was losing 7lbs before I felt my clothes starting to get looser, and that for me was around 3 months but it'll be different for everyone. (I had 20lbs to lose)

LOVE your meal names LOL
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I had thirty pounds to lose and saw a difference at about the 10 pounds lost mark. I started to need to buy smaller clothes. My advice? Take some pictures of yourself now. Then take another picture next month. It's possible that you can tell the difference more easily with photographic proof than looking in the mirror. It took my brain a while to see that I was in fact smaller.
  • aliblain
    aliblain Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have lost 16lb and have 10lb to lose to get to a healthy bmi. My colleagues haven’t noticed any loss- one seemed surprised when I had said I’d already lost 16lb! I have noticed the weight loss however and my clothes fit better.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Hi

• Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I don’t think length of time is the issue. I think how much you weijgh to start with and how much you have to lose are the relevant factors. Cloths fitting looser is the first real sign of progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!