Accountability

Options
I'm totally guilty of constantly starting workout programs and then bailing a week or two into them! I need some help! I can't be the only one that needs help staying accountable. Does anyone know of any groups or anyone looking for an online accountability partner?

Replies

• tdecel
    tdecel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Why do you need a "program" to be fit and healthy? Just get up every day and go fight gravity in any way you can.
  • KC3354
    KC3354 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of doing the same thing. Just take one day at a time. This app really helps with that.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have found the best thing for accountability is to set goals. What kind of workouts do you do? When lifting I found following a structured plan that progressed helped me stay on track. For running nothing motivates me to stick to my training like signing up for a race.
  • ellencetera
    ellencetera Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm the same - I'll start a workout programme or diet and then duck out after a couple of days. Or I live on my own so I'll just pretend I'm "being good" when I'm actually slobbing out.
    I'm hoping MFP will be helpful for holding myself accountable - logging everything I eat and all the exercise I do - and the community here is great. If you want to add me/chat, feel free! I can't promise any knowledge but, at the very least, I can relate (and maybe help) with your struggles to hold yourself accountable.
  • eviltwinz
    eviltwinz Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I totally feel your pain...feel free to add me >:)