(IF) Intermittent Fasting

Options
Experience with IF good and bad post here and I will answer all questions and/or concerns or clarity on the subject!

Replies

• laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    i tried it - wasn't a fan. a majority of the studies i had read, didn't support or generally promote it for women. i do my best to keep my feeding window short because it just means more food at each sitting, but i barely make it to 10am for breakfast without becoming an unbearable human to be around.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Experience with IF good and bad post here and I will answer all questions and/or concerns or clarity on the subject!

What effect does IF have on mTORC1 pathways, specifically the phosphorylation of 4E-BP1/activation of p70S6K1 for protein synthesis and the inhibition of ULK1 and ATG13 for autophagy?

you grew into one of my favorite people here hahaha
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I do IF too, it suits me perfectly. I was hoping for some insight.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

What effect does IF have on mTORC1 pathways, specifically the phosphorylation of 4E-BP1/activation of p70S6K1 for protein synthesis and the inhibition of ULK1 and ATG13 for autophagy?

So glad you asked this. It's been something I've wondered about lately. Thanks!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »

It's one of the burning questions I've had in my mind, I've been waiting so long for an expert who knows everything about intermittent fasting to come along and explain it. Sure hope he has the answer.
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »

It's one of the burning questions I've had in my mind, I've been waiting so long for an expert who knows everything about intermittent fasting to come along and explain it. Sure hope he has the answer.

I can't wait!
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options

If it's called a fast why does it feel so slow when I do it?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    dfwaw2k3beuv.jpg
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options

I'm sure the OP doesn't know or has forgotten about his post. I could also be wrong here so please correct me if I am (I won't take any offense as I'm still learning this stuff). But from what I understand IF has no effect.

Some studies done (on mice) show inconsistent results and show age to be the biggest contributing factor.

Beyond that the timing of your workout would play more to the weakness of IF. If you workout fasted you potentially won't have as big of a window of protein synthesis to work with (depending on when you workout versus eat) but once you eat the protein synthesis that occurs is no different. The windows are the same in intensity and duration (unless you eat minimal protein in a meal and have poor activation to begin with) but with IF you usually have less time in protein synthesis overall as you have fewer meals (there in being the inherent weakness).

Let me know if I skipped over too much (I tried to summarize a lot) and I'm guessing you already know the answer.