What do you guys think of this?

Options
HollyTsiaussis
HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/specex/msg091233111293.html

I'm definitely going to try it out. :) Do any of you want to try it with me?

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I doubt it works. It probably won't hurt you, though.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    I use lemon in my water, same effect.
  • change_happens
    Options

I have heard of this. But this diet isn't good for someone with acid reflux.
  • brendddda
    Options
    They spelled cider wrong I don't think they know what they're talking about..
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    Sounds suspect to me.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

Yes, I would consider this a big red flag.
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options

You read my mind.............
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Look, not gonna click the link- but I assume its that new fad diet where you cram fresh basil and mint leaves up the bum and lose an extra 10 calories a day.

UM, it's basil and thyme, not mint. Sheesh, mint? That just makes no sense at all.
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I use lemon in my water, same effect.

it's true...the acid or something in lemon aids in digestion. which makes sense why vinegar works too. lemon is definitely more appealing to most, though!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Look, not gonna click the link- but I assume its that new fad diet where you cram fresh basil and mint leaves up the bum and lose an extra 10 calories a day.

I'm in....

Hahaha, that was pretty terrible. Funny, but terrible.

@ Original Poster - I think what she was trying to say was that fad diets, statistically, DO NOT WORK for long term, sustained weight loss. They usually cost you lots of money, and ultimately you are far better off sticking to healthy eating and exercise.

Eat better, move more is what it's all about.
  • change_happens
    Options

http://www.livestrong.com/article/299581-how-to-drink-vinegar-for-weight-loss/

I don't see why you just couldn't eat, lower your calories, and exercise.

It is about the calories. Calories in and calories out. Every diet is about calorie restriction.
  • msmandyjo
    msmandyjo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think it'd taste like *kitten*...aside from that, part of me is tempted to kick start, esp since you don't have to limit anything, you don't have to eat or drink anything that may be harmful, but part of me wants lasting results that will last from lifestyle changes, and I don't think I'd be willing to drink vinegar daily...
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a couple tsp of vinegar in the morning to help with my digestion. It did help with that but I found that once I started eating healthier I don't even need it anymore.

I never noticed any help in losing weight though.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like to eat food.
  • therobinator
    therobinator Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    This sentence is full of grammatical wonderfulness, too:

"TAKE WITH EACH MEAL-that's 3 times a day. It won't work unless you take it with food. Its designed to burn up the fat taking into the body's system with foot. "

:)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options

"TAKE WITH EACH MEAL-that's 3 times a day. It won't work unless you take it with food. Its designed to burn up the fat taking into the body's system with foot. "

That's super smart science talk. If you don't "understand" it, that's your bad.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Agreed.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Ah, you DO take it with food. Well then, magical vinegar it must be.
  • bunchesonothing
    bunchesonothing Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

You read my mind.............

Since when does not being able to spell keep you from being credible? Bush got into the White House....

And you use someone that you probably do not find credible and use them as a point of reference?
  • SamiSamiBoBlammy
    SamiSamiBoBlammy Posts: 868 Member
    Options

The grammar Nazi in me just had a panic attack.
    Foot??? Is that your typo or the websites? wow... wish this darn work pc would open the link