1 year later

Options
I started using myfitness pal last year July 13th 2010. I have lost 40lbs since then. I have been very religious in entering my food and exercise into the log. I joined a fitness facility and have completed 3 triathon's since then, very small ones. Exercise is an important aspect of weight management however nutrition is just as important when trying to achieve weight goals.

Replies

• Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    WTG on the loss!!
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Those are some great accomplishments!
  • mamaredhead
    Options
    How great is THAT!???
    I wish I had come that far already ;-)

What was it that kept you going -- maybe even through the rough times?
  • kdtann
    kdtann Posts: 89
    Options
    Great job sticking to it for a year..
  • Syntax_Error
    Syntax_Error Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great job, stick with it.
  • dasmiths
    dasmiths Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What kept me going was the fact that I did not want to rely on medications to maintain my health. I realize genetics plays a big roll in wheather or not you take some meds to sustain life but I wanted to do what I could to prevent it also. I walked some of the Appalachian trail this past spring and it was great. Never give up, every day is a new day. If you mess up today with your food and exercise goals let tomorrow be the healthy day. The fitness log keeps me on track, as a whole I feel if I can stay on track 80% of the time then I can maintain my goals. Your are never to old to start, I just turned 62 and feel a whole lot younger.
  • irishseven
    irishseven Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good going! I've been on this site for 3 months, and have lost 40 lbs. It really is so sweet to read bio's from people. Motivation plus exercise are the components that WILL WORK for every BODY!!! My youngest son is a senior in college and an Army soldier. It is so easy to be motivated, when you see how hard our soldiers are physically and mentally pushed. They are the WHY for my motivation daily! Stay strong and great job again!!