New workout to lose weight !

Options
I need a workout to help me lose weight ! I've been losing weight eating right and running but I'm trying to get my last few pounds off and I need a little more to help! Any ideas ?

Replies

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    What do you like to do? You don't really workout TO lose weight. But it can help get you into a deeper deficit.

I have been anti cardio for years but just started doing some. I started by doing things I LIKED. For me that was heavy farmers carries, battle ropes, jumping rope, throwing things, bad pop music and lots of caffeine.
  • qweck3
    qweck3 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Hot Power Yoga has helped me to continue losing weight after hitting a wall. Could be worth a try.
  • jolley07
    jolley07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Burpees/kettlebell swings. 3 sets 21/15/9 reps. Run a quarter mile between each set.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Add in strength/resistance training. It'll help you 'tone up'
  • stueyg1233
    stueyg1233 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    High intensity strength training following 30 mins on bike and maybe skipping to finish
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like kickboxing (like Turbo Jam or TurboFire, Taebo, etc). The key is to find something you enjoy so you will stick with it.
  • chrissy201509
    chrissy201509 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    jolley07 wrote: »
    Burpees/kettlebell swings. 3 sets 21/15/9 reps. Run a quarter mile between each set.
    I hate burpees! But yes they are great! Thank you

• jennygutt
    jennygutt Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I hit a plateu at my last 13 lbs. I got an eliptical and Fitbit with heartrate monitor. I started working out on eliptical and my runs on the treadmill. I try to keep my heartrate in the peak zone the whole time. I started by losing again immediatly after starting.