Where is the data breach notification?

Options
2»

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    MFP is shtting its pants that it's gonna be outted as a hook-up site and not a fitness site. :grimace:

Some people give it great of reviews and some people give it bad reviews

Probably depends what they're reviewing ..
  • HuskyGent
    HuskyGent Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    According to a Reuters article, the breach occurred in February. It is now nearly April. It should not take a month to coordinate a message to the user base when their security has been compromised.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    MFP is shtting its pants that it's gonna be outted as a hook-up site and not a fitness site. :grimace:

lol well if its a hook up site Im on the wrong site
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Dear Hackers: Breach This !

#crotchgrab
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    150 million MFP users data was stolen and I have not seen any information from Under Armor on this forum or in email. I would like to know if my data was stolen and if so, what data was taken. http://fortune.com/2018/03/29/under-armour-myfitnesspal-hacked/

I got my notification email just under two hours ago. Never saw the notice at the top of the page because I don't usually sign out. Tried signing out to sign back in, and there it was.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    HuskyGent wrote: »
    According to a Reuters article, the breach occurred in February. It is now nearly April. It should not take a month to coordinate a message to the user base when their security has been compromised.

Have you seen all the glitches on this app???
  • TonyB0588
    Options
    I’m pissed. I have to change all my passwords and be weary of hackers. WTF leaving my fitness pal for GOOD.

I wouldn't look at it that way. Any good site should make you change your password periodically. And even if they don't suggest it, you should anyway.
  • gregmcc
    gregmcc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Why don't MFP have 2FA implemented yet?
  • Earl1952
    Earl1952 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A lot of folks use the same password for many sites. One a hacker knows this one, then they try your Amazon, your bank, etc. They'll get a lot of hits.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I'm still worried about Y2K.
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I just saw the notice a few minutes ago. Initially I thought that MFP learned about it in Feb so I was concerned about timely notification but it seems that MFP discovered the breach on or about March 25, at least that is what MFP is representing via the email.
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    gregmcc wrote: »

That's a lot of letters and numbers.

• spirytwynd
    spirytwynd Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Check for the notification in the upper left corner of the screen on the mobile app. It gives you a link to the breach announcement.
  • gregmcc
    gregmcc Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    gregmcc wrote: »

That's a lot of letters and numbers.

2 factor authentication like Google Authentication.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Word I got was to change my password. I did that just now.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I honestly don’t know if I care that a hacker knows that I ate Rice Krispie treats for breakfast and lunch today.

True, but a hacker might have access to your email that you use with this site.

• TonyB0588
    Options
    Earl1952 wrote: »
    A lot of folks use the same password for many sites. One a hacker knows this one, then they try your Amazon, your bank, etc. They'll get a lot of hits.

A very bad practice. This is a good opportunity to fix that now by choosing a unique password not being used on any other site. Also change the passwords on those other sites to unique ones.

If that's going to make it too difficult to remember, try a Password Manager program such as LastPass or RoboForm to handle this for you. Then you only need to remember one very good password to your program, and that gets you in to all your sites.
  • Fitness_and_FODMAP
    Fitness_and_FODMAP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    2rko87uarmoz.jpg

This is what greeted me last night when I logged on here