Need some ideal

Options
I just recently has knee surgery about a 2 weeks ago and i am still in the recovery stage, i can do most normal things but i have trouble bending and putting a lot of weight on the knee. I was wondering if anyone had any excerises that can help me until I am out of the recovery stage.

Thank you!

Replies

• Maggiedc
    Maggiedc Posts: 49
    Options
    Can you bike? or swim? They are usually really good low impact workouts that should be easy on your knee depending on the extent of the surgery.
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    i havent tried biking or swimming, i will try them, thank you :)
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Well there's always good old fashioned crunches! Haha. There's this exercise where you lay on your side on the ground, propping your head up with your hand and your elbow on the ground. Put your other hand on the ground in front of you and lift your leg up in the air. lol, like this http://www.endbackpain.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Side_Leg_Lift__Back_Pain.jpg
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    I do aqua aerobics, very good burn and no stress on your joints :)
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    thank you ladies =)
  • kpwb
    kpwb Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :wink: Have you tried water running? It limits the stress on joints but still provides some good weight bearing exercise and resistance. I like to do it in water about chest deep but haven't done it since my pregnancies. Hmmmm. Maybe should take my own advice! Good luck in your recovery.