Something always seems to throw off track

Options
So wether it is at home, work, or people coming over, someone always seems to have some goodies that are most def. not needed. I started making my own lunch and we are no longer eating out at home. The bad influences always lurk. People bringing in cakes, doughnuts, etc. for breakfast. The temptation is certainly high and my weak mind gives in only to regret it moments later. If you guys have any ideas as to what keeps you motivated that you would like to share and tips that would help overcome these obstacles.

Replies

• shiggyshane
    Options
    dont feel bad i am like that at time like last night my cousins GF daughter tunred 11 and that had cake and ice cream at first i was going to say no but the b-day girl just happend to ask me so of course i said yes. The thing is its all about how bad you want it I know if I can stop eating all the food i love to eat i know you can to! Dont give up its not going to be easy but you will be able to do it
    i have changed my eating habits a lot this last month maybe you just need to tell your friends in a nice way of course not to bring stuff like that over to ya'll house and hopefully they understand. I had to do that with my friends. what keeps me motivated is i know how i want to look and want to be around for my kids so i keep it pushing for them and me :smile:
  • landorki
    landorki Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i wear bracelets. I have one bracelet for every 10 pounds I want to lose. Every time I go to touch food... in the food store... or at work... home... wherever, I see them and it reminds me to NOT TOUCH IT! lol

My sister made them for me. they are the friendship bracelet kind. But I am sure anything similar to it will work...

When I lose 10 pounds, I cut one off! it is alot of 'fun'
  • YoungGma29
    Options
    I love the bracelet idea. I might have to try that.
  • ilovemyheart
    ilovemyheart Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I work in a bakery..... so i feel your pain. What helps me is chewing gum and drinking copious amounts of water so that i don't feel hungry and it is easier to resist. Also eating at set times in the day helps to curb my cravings for sweets even when they are right in front of me! :happy: