South Beach anyone?

Options
gfchica
gfchica Posts: 54 Member
I started on the South Beach diet for the second time in my life and I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there doing it to.

Replies

• AmberRulo
    Options
    I did South Beach to start my whole weight loss thing - it was the best move I ever made. It was a great education (I read the book cover to cover), and now I live and eat so much smarter. Nearly 60 pounds down, and couldn't be happier. It's a sustainable lifestyle, not a short term fix.
  • change_happens
    Options
    I started on the South Beach diet for the second time in my life and I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there doing it to.

I am interested in learning more. I saw the segment on Dr. Oz, who is a strong promoter of this diet. Also, am getting the book today to read.
  • ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    For the first four months I followed it to the letter, now I use it's basic idea with my own twist. So yeah, I would go for it.
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'm on the south beach diet!
  • gfchica
    gfchica Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I had good success with it many years ago. Everything else I've tried to lose weight hasn't worked so that's why I decided to try it again. I no longer have the book and it's been updated since the original version anyway, I went to a south beach diet for beginners website and printed the food lists. I'm so happy to start seeing a change on the scale already. Not counting it yet though, I'll count my weekly weight as official every Monday. Happy to hear all the success!
  • patch14
    patch14 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am glad to see this thread. I did SBD a few years ago with good success, and now I'm realizing that returning to it might be the kickstart I need. I am about to head off for a vacation, and when I return I will have exactly two weeks before I start a new job. I'm thinking it's a sign I should use those two weeks for Phase 1! So I plan to start on Tuesday, 8/23 if anybody wants to friend me! Maybe I'll start a thread when I return from my trip.