Options
cnjg420
cnjg420 Posts: 405 Member
Any low calorie recipe ideas

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,658 Member
    Options
    I got an air fryer for my birthday last month and use it almost daily. Favourite thing to do is chicken thighs and drumsticks. No added oil necessary. I do shake them in bag with potato starch and a tiny bit of baking soda which helps the skin get very crisp.

Chicken with some skin really tastes deep fried to me. But don't limit yourself to trying to replicate fried food at high temperature. Roast veg, roast beef, roast rack of lamb all work really well.
  • RetiredAndLovingIt
    RetiredAndLovingIt Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I have done chicken breasts (no skin...I really have never liked it), boneless pork rib steaks, & pork tenderloin. All with just a sprinkle of seasoned salt. We both think delicious..really juicy.
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    what brand of air fryer do you have
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,658 Member
    Options
    I have the Phillips Viva, which is their compact model.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Roasted veggies, tofu cubes, chicken breasts, shrimp. Don't over stuff it and do shake the basket at intervals or use accessories to keep things separated.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    sweet potato ships FTW! LOL
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking sausages in my Actifry for dinner tonight! :)
  • stacief82
    stacief82 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Naked Wings (just sprinkle with garlic salt or add your favorite rub0
    boneless skinless chicken breasts dipped in an egg wash and rolled in Italian bread crumbs (no need for salt)

I learned to give things a light spray of olive oil to help them crisp more, adds a few calories, but still better than deep frying!

I did some killer coconut shrimp in my air fryer too, not sure how healthy they were, I wasn't counting calories at the time (whatever the calories were, it was worth it ;) )