Food Regrets...

Options
I can imagine that many of us on our weight loss journey have made a food choice that we regret soon after.
I made one today when I was rushed and in a hurry. Stopped in to McDonald's, and choose a cheap 370 calorie McChicken sandwich. It was salty and greasy, tasted like the mystery meat served in a college cafeteria. Nothing healthy about it. The deed is done, so tomorrow I will be back at eating better food choices. But I swear that I will never eat another McChicken sandwich again.

Question: What food(s) have you regretted eating afterwards if any?

Replies

• hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    i love spicy but overdid it on the sirachi sauce and got bothered as it moved through at every junction.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    hroderick wrote: »
    If it changed your future in a good way then no regrets...log it and proceed

I admit it opened my eyes as to how easy it is for myself to pick an unhealthy food while out and about, and I am feeling rushed.
  • bambarby
    bambarby Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy food, once in a while, is totally fine. I don't regret having a cheat meal, but it often lead to a cheat day, which is not good, and would lead to a big regret afterward.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    McDonald's. I was so hungry an hour later and went over my calories.
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Lenny and Larry cinnamon cookie last night. Blech! Horrible after taste. Luckily I threw it away before eating my half.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I mostly regret when I see goodies out in the staff room and jam them in my face, either leaving me with no calories for dinner or knocking me out of a deficit for the day. Or in my case, maintenance.
  • deetails26
    deetails26 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I had a fish fry recently I regretted. It just wasn't worth it. I didn't regret the dinner roll and butter one bit though B)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Soft cheese - I love it but oh boy does my tummy NOT like it :/ so I aim to steer clear of it as much as possible...unfortunately :/
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Went out for dinner last night (I'm not a big bread person) but, for some reason it was calling me. Italian bread with olive oil was so delicious! I had three pieces...ugh! I did not eat all of my dinner-bought about half of it home.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    anything i eat at work i work long hours and dont have breaks and its very physical so i have to wash my hands best i can and eat quickly in the few downtimes.....very very easy to poison myself with whateversi n the mud on my hands >.<

And future regret will be all the food ill eat today (a turkey dinner and they are all bakers) if it were one day itd be okay, But its two days. And When its 2 days it leads to me being like *kitten* it for a few days before and after ...Bad foods breed bad food choices. Sets my cravings going. The regret will be minor ill just be annoyed at putting on 5-10 pounds for a few weeks xD Then itl renew my mindset though. Its been a part of my process for 2 years now i go hard and its delicious :p
  • carrotsaregood
    carrotsaregood Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken, prepared poorly. The breading was not crisp, meat was dry. Very disappointing, only had part of the servings but didn’t know how to caluate the calories. I was still hungry so filled up on bread. Entire meal was unsatisfactory and not worth the calories.
  • bjc101
    bjc101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You got to have your cheats, life is too short. Just don't let it totally derail your program. Log it, be honest, and move on.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    pizza earlier this week.. it's my favourite pizza place because they tend to make them really thin and don't put a bunch of meat & cheese on them, and they use really tasty mushrooms... except yesterday I got way more cheese than they usually use... was a bit disappointing tbh, my one non-home made pizza in ages and it made me wish i'd just made my own at home (I love pizza but hate large amounts of cheese)