New here

Options
Just looking for some new friends to help me along my weight loss, regulating my sugar and bringing down my high blood pressure. Please add and feel free to give tips on what to eat, how to eat, and excercise. Thanks!!!

Tay-Tay

Replies

• amandy313
    Options
    I'm new too! :) Hoping we can help each other stay motivated! My husband is in Iraq and coming home in about a month and we are going to our 10 year High School reunin :/ Want be able to squeeze into one of my dresses :) That is just short term for me. I'd like to loose about 50-60 lbs total. How about you? What are you doing to loose? Good luck!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you like. I'm working towards getting off of bp meds as well.
  • Hedone
    Hedone Posts: 92
    Options
    feel free to add me, both of you lol
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Hello girls! :) I'm pretty new here too but I've quickly made myself "at home" on here. I have a support group set up that you're both welcome to chat on (hm_day's Support Group in the search) and you're welcome to add me. Chocolatahtay, if you need help with your blood sugar, definitely add me. I'm hypoglycemic (low blood sugar) and I may be able to help you :)

Good luck girls!
  • perishable
    perishable Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

For eating, I am on a paleo (also known as caveman) diet. It's basically protein and veggies. It was hard to get used to but I've stuck to it about 6 months and it's easy peasy now. My favorite meal is a baked chicken breast with yam fries and a greek salad (cucumber, tomatos, and a little bit of feta cheese with a bit of salt and pepper for seasoning, a tablespoon of olive oil for the dressing).

Here's a quick guide on paleo eating: http://www.crossfitsolus.com/Paleo_eating.html

I think this is a great meal plan for people who want to lower their blood pressure and sugar intake. Good luck!