Day 1 think I may need some support.

Options
Day 1 of the journey complete,
Need to lose a fair amount of weight for my own health and happiness. I’d really appreciate some support and chat to keep focused..
Many thanks

Replies

• laurenbastug
    laurenbastug Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Just take it a day at a time. Commit to doing the very best you can for today. Be sure to have a firm grasp on your WHY and revisit as needed. Motivation will ebb and flow, it’s completely natural.

I always liked this quote and I don’t mean to say out of any offense but it basically says “you see what happened when you gave up, see what happens when you don’t”

That has fueled me through a lot of times when I wanted to quit. Stay the course, it will be so very worth it.
  • rockabewley
    rockabewley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • Gngr09
    Gngr09 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    One day at a time. Life happens, just try to make good life decisions :)
  • hunterjoann52
    hunterjoann52 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's right, one day at a time. It is working for me.
  • margaritacabezon
    margaritacabezon Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1 pound at a time...applaud every success. Focus on the positive.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Take it one meal at a time, if you want to. Track everything, even if you splurge. I had a bad day last week, but I tracked everything, and the next day I was back on the program. We're not perfect, we are going to eat dessert or nachos or whatever. You deprive yourself too long, you're asking for a binge. We are there for you
  • rockabewley
    rockabewley Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m feeling fired up already .. thank you all
  • hlk545
    hlk545 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Take each day at a time and add some MFP mates for support. Folks on here will help you celebrate the win and won’t let you give up if you have a bad day.
  • terryh82
    terryh82 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Yeah I agree with what everyone has said! MFP has a great community to keep you motivated. One day at a time and the results will come!