I'm trying this again

Options
I have tried MFP in the past. It was helpful. I did lose weight. But life got in the way, and I wasn't able to continue as I had in the past. So I am trying again. I thought I would take advantage of the Blogs and Message Boards. Maybe that will keep me accountable even if life gets in the way. So I am starting today. If anyone wants to add me, please do. I am still learning what the Message Boards are and how they work

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Some unsolicited advice: Stop trying and start doing. Create a plan with "life will always get in the way" in mind.
  • kristinajenkinson
    kristinajenkinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Today was my first step in doing. The last month was trying. I have started the exercise, the meal plan. Today is the first day of my new lifestyle
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome back.

One thing that works for me is to log NO MATTER WHAT. I've had days where I was over my calorie goal by 1800-2000 calories but, I logged it regardless. Not only is it good for when you need to take a look back at your food log but, it's good for the routine of logging.
  • kristinajenkinson
    kristinajenkinson Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, in the past I would find myself not finishing logging my food if I was over my calorie count. I am happy to say on my first day I did record everything. I was only over my calorie count a little bit. I did some exercise. So I am starting again today. I do feel more accountable knowing that I have people that are looking. Thank everyone.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options