Food Regrets...

Options

Replies

• fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    If it fits my macros, I don't regret anything...and even when I food binge on something, I still don't regret it. One day of going nuts isn't the end of the world. What's bad is when you have consecutive days, weeks and months of always overeating.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Sure, stuff like that happens to me frequently but I don't really give it much thought. Just move on.

One thing I am working on is refusing food I don't want, though. It is hard for me to turn down something when it's offered by my mom because she will go to a lot of trouble to have a nice meal for me when I visit and it's usually just the two of us eating together...this week I ate a piece of cheesy garlic bread at her house and I didn't want it at all!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    A few days ago I bought a package of kale chips intending to eat the whole thing. I did. I regret doing that. I don't actually recall regretting anything else other than long ago in the early 1980's at an office potluck I sampled the stuffed grape leaves another co-worker offered.
  • netitheyeti
    netitheyeti Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    pizza earlier this week.. it's my favourite pizza place because they tend to make them really thin and don't put a bunch of meat & cheese on them, and they use really tasty mushrooms... except yesterday I got way more cheese than they usually use... was a bit disappointing tbh, my one non-home made pizza in ages and it made me wish i'd just made my own at home (I love pizza but hate large amounts of cheese)

gota say this is the first time as far as pizza is concerned iv seen to much toppings being called dissapointing lol.

I think it's just that many of the pizza places that my family likes use *way* too much of everything, especially cheese, and it makes my mouth feel like it's coated in grease... it's also not very nice when it gets cold and there's this finger thick layer of hard cheese goo :P
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    I don't really get food regrets about what I eat. I often have more regrets about splurging calories on a dish that wasn't as good as I hoped it would be when eating out.

I'm looking at you, underseasoned fried chicken.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I had a BBQ brisket sandwich and fries a month or so back and something disagreed with me for days after. Eesh. Other than that I don't remember. Sometimes I get a bit snack happy after lunch but if I can ride that out by keeping busy I'm usually ok.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    1houndgal wrote: »
    Question: What food(s) have you regretted eating afterwards if any?

A hamburger contaminated with E-Coli.

Spent a week in the hospital.

Yikes!
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I regret the fourth glass of wine I had at a wedding last weekend. I don't typically drink more than one every couple of weeks. I definitely paid for that!
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    Shop bought cakes
    The taste is never worth the calories
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Assorted popcorn, you know the three flavors in the tins? I always think it’s going to be amazing and then it’s just stale. I should really give up on it
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I always regret fries. I still love (and often eat) Steak N' Shake burgers, but I order w/o fries and half the time they give me the fries. Theirs are awful, in my opinion, but any fries just make me think "why did I eat that?" I'm not even a fan at all.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,631 Member
    Options
    The piece of chocolate cake I ate today.

We have a client who likes to bring most of us in the office cake when he visits. And I ended up eating my whole piece even while telling myself "share with the coworker who didn't get her own piece". But I was stressing so down the hatch it went.

THEN another client brought us In n Out burgers. I ended up eating a burger. I don't regret the burger because it's been forever since I had one and it was as delicious as I remember but I do regret not looking the calories up first.

So basically I added about 1500 quick calories to today's diary and won't be able to do my normal eating a whole bunch of stuff before bed thing tonight.
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I love McDonalds. Never regret eating there.

I always regret eating chinese takeout after I'm done. I crave it. It's delicious while I'm eating it. But when I'm finished I feel gross and tell myself I'll never eat it again.....then eat the leftovers the next day and the cycle continues. I think maybe because I overeat it? IDK...

This is my exact same food regret. I eat Chinese food very rarely, maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Every thing is amazing when I first start. I pig out and vow to wait 4 or 5 months before doing it again. Then the leftovers call to me the next day at lunch time haha!! Big picture, I don't eat it enough to be an issue, even with eating it the next day, but I always feel so disgusted with myself!
  • ZoneFive
    ZoneFive Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    The hamburger and fries I had today. We were out of town and planned to go to a place that makes really terrific burgers, and I logged my day around their bacon cheeseburger and onion rings. I'd been looking forward to this for three days! We were delayed in our errands, and by the time we got to the restaurant I was famished. They must have a new chef because the burger was not nearly as flavorful as usual and pretty dry, plus they were out of onion rings and the french fries that came with the plate were meh at best. I was so hungry I ate the whole burger and half of the fries anyway, but was disappointed by the whole endeavor.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and snack cakes.
  • Live_life_well
    Live_life_well Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Triple cheeseburger with a poutine and coke. I felt like the king of Moldova while eating it but then the deed is done and I wonder what the heck I just did.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lots of baked goods or other burgers and sandwiches :(
  • KaleiAlanaSmith
    KaleiAlanaSmith Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.... had a spoonful because I was craving it and that led to eating one more spoonful..... 500 calories :( ALL WASTED !!