Logging vitamins?

quebot
quebot Posts: 99 Member
I personally don't log my vitamins, simply out of laziness bc I take so many. I keep it in mind, though. I'm curious if anyone logs your vitamins? Is it recommended?

Replies

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,165 Member
    Not me! It will be an over kill, IMOP.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I do because calories
  • quebot
    quebot Posts: 99 Member
    Gisel2015 wrote: »
    Not me! It will be an over kill, IMOP.

This is kind of how I feel about it. I'm losing by counting my calories, and feel like that's an extra step that would be excessive and difficult. I'm trying to do this in a way that is sustainable and I just don't see myself sustaining that over time.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    I do, my vitamins add up to about 25 calories, plus it helps me decide if I need an additional vitamin of any sort. For example I usually only need one iron pill (contains 50% of DV) but some days I find my diet was so lacking in iron that I'll need to take two.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    I log mine, but only as a confirmation I took them. My mix is 14 calories, so that part is just noise in my day, but knowing I took them gives me piece of mind.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    sometimes. I know there are no calories, but it's a consistency thing
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    I only log my B12 chews. I take 2 daily and they're 20 calories apiece.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    I log mine, but only as a confirmation I took them. My mix is 14 calories, so that part is just noise in my day, but knowing I took them gives me piece of mind.

Same here. The calories are negligible, but logging helps me remember to take them.
  • cardosi12
    cardosi12 Posts: 10 Member
    I never even thought about tracking vitamins. New to keto but overwhelmed enough for now
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    I log them as I take them to make sure I haven't missed any.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    I don’t at this point or 1-2 cups of coffee though if creamer is used that is counted. I could probably do ten calories for the “zero” cal energy drinks consumed on the occasion too but not at the point for needing to be that strict. Maybe if get into healthy weight range and trying to get lower might need to in order to see accuracy for at least a short time to verify but probably wouldn’t be a long term occurrence.
  • Organbuilder
    Organbuilder Posts: 1 Member
    I take the same multivitamin every day, so logging it is just part of my breakfast "meal", which is basically the same for 6 days of the week. I really only do it to get a decent tracking on my nutrients.

I also track Aleve, because I'm trying to watch the sodium levels.

If a medicine comes up zero on all the tracked parameters, though, I just don't bother tracking it.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,997 Member
    I log vitamins daily for the nutritional data.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    I do because in the past I needed to enough iron in my system. Now that's taken care of, but I still log the others to make sure I took them.
  • Dani9585
    Dani9585 Posts: 215 Member
    I log them. My B100 Complex vitamin has 0 calories, but my Calcium w/ Vit D supplement has 8 calories. It's nothing to me at the end of the day, but I want to be as accurate as I can because it creates the best habits in recording calories, IMO.