Trying to lose 20-30lbs (again!)

Options
Hey yall.
I'm in the process of trying to get 20-30lbs off. I know what to do and how to do it but I'd love some motivational buddies!
I'm 35, 5'2, 163 currently, goal is 130-140. I'm a mom to two, work full time and a coffee and fitness addict.
I had a spinal fusion in 2016 which knocked me off my wagon. I was in the best toned shape of my life. I was a long distance cyclist and crossfitter. I've retired from crossfit and now spend 6 days a week in the gym, unless I go cycling on Sundays.
I'm trying to dial in my macros and get this weight off I've put on since my back surgery in 2016. I am following Iifym (if it fits your macros) eating and I love it!

If you'd like to be mfp buddies, let me know about yourself and your goals. I'd love to support each other!

Replies

• LittleAllison89
    LittleAllison89 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 28 and have almost the same stats as you—5’3”, 163 right now. I lost 50 lbs in 2014 (I got up to 188!), maintained 140-144 for a year and a half, and gained 20 lbs back in about six months in 2016 after starting a super stressful job with long hours. I’m in a much better place now with a new awesome job and in a new city we love, but I have held onto this extra weight for well over a year. I’m working hard to eat right. I exercise 4-6 times a week with OrangeTheory classes primarily, so nutrition is the only thing holding me back from getting healthy. My goal is 125 but I will be satisfied anywhere up to 135 as long as my body fat percentage is exceptional. I’lol send you a request :) we’ve got this!!
  • luckygirl134
    luckygirl134 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have similar stats. I'm 34, 5'2, started at 165, but currently at 154. My goal is 125-130. I'm an emotional eater and I had a challenging few years that caused me to put on the extra weight. I'm currently working on not using food as a source of comfort. I try to get outside as often as possible, and I also take spin & barre classes. My biggest hang-up is nutrition. I love Mexican food! Lol. I'd love to have some friends to help keep each other motivated! :)
  • MarlowJo13
    MarlowJo13 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I’m 24, 5’7” and 193, I’ve lost 110lbsand gained back 30 when I quit smoking. My goal now is to lose the 30 plus another 20lbs. My goal is around 145lbs!
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Please add me if that's ok with any of you.
  • JensJourney11
    JensJourney11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I’ve got 20 pounds to lose. Im 5’7” and my goal is 160lbs. Possibly more, but would be thrilled if I can finally get these pounds off. I’ve lost a lot of weight in the past and have managed to keep most of it off but I’ve still got work to do. I recently resigned from my job so for the time being I am at home job searching which means I have zero excuses where exercise and better food choices are concerned! Feel free to add me
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I’m back at it again as well, I have also had a tough couple of years of family issues and gained and lost the same 25 pounds a few times, now I’m here to lose it again.
    5’3 155 lbs, 37 years old
  • shawnm0208
    shawnm0208 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! Same boat!!! I turned 48 this year and I would like to get the annoying 20-30 lbs off that I gained in the 3 years I had a desk job. I love running, hiking, and biking! Come on SPRING!

48 years old
    5'6
    SW 178
    GW 150
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    MarlowJo13 wrote: »
    I’m 24, 5’7” and 193, I’ve lost 110lbsand gained back 30 when I quit smoking. My goal now is to lose the 30 plus another 20lbs. My goal is around 145lbs!

were you still logging calories and exercising when you quit smoking and still gained?
  • REDMANIV
    REDMANIV Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I have been attempting to lose 30 pounds to get my weight back down under 200 pounds for quite some time now. I have had a few road blocks that have kept me from sticking to the program. My long stretches away from MFP have correlated with my significant weight gains. Due to health reasons I have not more options other than to get serious about getting off 30-40 pounds so that I can see how my body responds to it. I am back on MFP everyday now. I am certainly looking for motivated people that are looking to encourage and to be encouraged. Feel free to add me if you like.

I am almost 47
    SW: 226
    GW: 195 (for now)

I just started the 5 day 2 day FastDiet program so we shall see if these stubborn pounds will finally leave my midsection.

Have a good one everyone!

Fred