12 weeks to drop a stone

Options
What do I do? I can’t lose weight! I’m 11st 7 and reasonably active. I eat around 1,500 a day sometimes 2,000. Getting married and need to look beautiful

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If you are getting married, I bet you're already very beautiful. Everybody can lose weight, in fact, everybody loses weight the same way, by consistently eating fewer calories than they burn. MFP should have given you a calorie target. If you hit it, every day, for real, and for a long enough time, you lose weight.
  • lliinnsseeyy
    lliinnsseeyy Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    @kommodevaran...Thankyou! I have been logging and have lost 3lb so far (and that’s just with diet). I’m getting back to the gym tomorrow :smile:
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,468 Member
    Options
    Weight loss takes place primarily in the kitchen.

#1 weight loss tool is a food diary. To keep a good diary, you need a food scare and you need to use it. You’ll soon find that to hit your calorie target you need some kind of plan for the day and week.

#2 weight loss tool is perseverance. This includes the willingness to problem solve through the rough spots.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Be aware, @lliinnsseeyy, when you go back to the gym, your muscles will likely retain water for repair and you will see a jump on the scale due to the water weight. Just keep at it, and it will come off once your muscles get used to the new exercise.
  • Insanitybride2b
    Insanitybride2b Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey I’m getting married in Nov gonna send you a friend request be good to motivate each other !! I’m so excited xx
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,468 Member
    Options
    Food scale. Burned by the spell correct.
  • lliinnsseeyy
    Options
    Be aware, @lliinnsseeyy, when you go back to the gym, your muscles will likely retain water for repair and you will see a jump on the scale due to the water weight. Just keep at it, and it will come off once your muscles get used to the new exercise.
    Thankyou, that’s really useful! I was t aware of the need for water to repair muscle. I will certainly stick at it.
  • lliinnsseeyy
    Options
    Hey I’m getting married in Nov gonna send you a friend request be good to motivate each other !! I’m so excited xx

I’m getting married in 5 weeks (ArrrgggHh) time to get moving. Glad to have a motivating mfp friend in the same boat x