ALCHOLIC DRINKS

Options
Okay, tonight is my best friends 21st birthday. I don't go to the bars much (I've only been 21 for 6 months) I am a fruity drinker. I hate beer! I love me some sex on the beach! Anyone know a drink I could get at the bar that isn't going to be too awful for me? Something fruity and tastes good! Thanks all!

Replies

• Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Any vodka mixed drinks should be OK.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    vodka with club soda and a squeez of lime. Roughly 100cals +/-
  • Pinlovescake
    Pinlovescake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    with diet mixers!
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You start mixing in the juices and the calories go up over 200+ per cocktail. and you never know at the bar what the ratio is because you are not able to measure it yourself
  • Pinlovescake
    Pinlovescake Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    A gin and slimline tonic with a massive wedge of lime is around 50 cals...but not at all sweet. How about malibu and diet coke/lemonade?
  • JoyceEmerson
    Options
    Yes, malibu rum is delicious. It has a pineapple taste to it. Very yummy!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    You start mixing in the juices and the calories go up over 200+ per cocktail. and you never know at the bar what the ratio is because you are not able to measure it yourself

Exactly.

I recently started drinking water w/ maraschino cherries or lime as a garnish so it looks like I'm drinking alcohol, I just can't save up that many calories (prolly around 800 by the night is over) just to get a little buzz. I can say that the next mornings have been way more productive lmao :)

If I *had* to drink, I would do diet coke & rum. The lowest cal you're gonna get, about 100-120cals per 1oz. shot, and the diet coke is calorie free.

Have fun!! :drinker:
  • ecahill91
    Options
    3 Olives Purple Vodka (not Grape!) and Sprite. It's so good...You can even drink the vodka straight -- it tastes JUST like a grape popsicle. Any of the 3 Olives brand are awesome, especially Espresso (espresso martinis!!). My friend and I concocted a mixture with the Espresso one, mixed with coffee, kahluah, and chocolate liqeur. REALLY good <3
  • natmerritt
    Options
    There is a lot of talk about the calories in Malibu, but I haven't heard much about the carb content. Any thoughts on that? Diet coke & Malibu with lime or Skinnygirl margaritas have been my go-to drink since I joined MFP. Delicious!