Shedding for the Wedding!

Options
Any brides to be here? Add me! <3

Replies

• twinmombb
    twinmombb Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bride in the planning stages here! We have not set out date yet, we are looking at fall 2019
  • Saaaam42
    Saaaam42 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    I'm getting married May 25th on the beach in Mexico! Double-whammy of looking nice in a wedding dress and a bikini LOL. It sure is keeping me on track.

Nice! Coming up so fast!
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    May 19!
  • nicolekordana196
    nicolekordana196 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    January 14th 2019!!!! In this One Year, I'd like to get down 40 lbs.
    I'm thinking about trying Adkins again, I haven't been successful with it in the past, but it's worth another try.
    Once the weather breaks I plan to start walking again.
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    January 14th 2019!!!! In this One Year, I'd like to get down 40 lbs.
    I'm thinking about trying Adkins again, I haven't been successful with it in the past, but it's worth another try.
    Once the weather breaks I plan to start walking again.

If it didn't work for you before, why do it again? CICO works and is easy to do, without the feelings of deprivation that low carb entails.

This. I started on MFP in Sept 2016 after finishing my MBA that summer. I work long, suuuuper-sedentary days (I don't even get up to go to the printer because we do almost nothing in hard copy!) and then I spent two years taking classes at night after work. So I was tired, stressed, and short on time - I didn't eat great because it was so much easier to grab dinner on the way to class - or sometimes the whole class would order in! I gained 15 pounds during that MBA program. I graduated, looked in the mirror, and decided to take the time I used to spend on homework and spend it on me instead.
    So: MFP and the gym 5x/week. Since Sept 2016, I've lost just over 20 pounds. I do get up to go to the gym at 430 am three days a week, but I eat whatever I want, within my calorie goal. (I guess the super early gym mornings didn't bother my boyfriend too much, because after six months of pre-dawn alarms, he still proposed in March 2017! :smiley: )
    I couldn't do low-carb happily (I'm eating homemade tacos right now), and due to severe hanger issues, fasting isn't for me either.

I still eat chocolate, cream&sugar coffee, pizza, desserts, and wine (critical, because one thing we love doing together is visiting wineries and attending wine festivals). I just don't eat them all the time - I budget for them. I'm 5'3 and sedentary at work, so it's not like I naturally have a ton of calories to play with.

I'd love to lose a few more pounds before the wedding (but really, I'd rather drop 0 pounds and have my new weightlifting habit have magically fast results), and I'm not planning to change a thing. Weigh/measure, log, exercise, repeat.

Also, if you go low-carb right before the wedding to drop some quick water weight, the minute you eat carbs again (at the reception, on your honeymoon), your body will pull all that water weight right back. Just be ready for it mentally if you go that route and are weighing yourself.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    AMC110 wrote: »
    I only got engaged today, so no wedding date set yet! I've been trying to lose weight for the past few months anyway but now I have another reason to motivate me :)

Congrats!!! <3
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    AMC110 wrote: »
    I only got engaged today, so no wedding date set yet! I've been trying to lose weight for the past few months anyway but now I have another reason to motivate me :)

Congrats!!! <3

Thank you
  • Jade272017
    Jade272017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm getting married 6th April so it is quickly approaching after a 2 year engagement. I've been meaning to drop a stone all through 2017 but just never found the motivation. Now it's only 3 months away I need to get my butt in gear!

I'm doing dry January which I'm hoping will be a good kickstart, as well as trying to monitor calories and work out 3-4 times a week. Ideally would want to loose between 1 - 2 stone before the wedding but would be satisfied with a stone considering I've left it so late!
    April 7th here! I started in July 2017 and have lost 38 pounds and far!

Yours is the day after mine!! Exciting!
  • teahlee123
    teahlee123 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My wedding is in August 2019, so I have a bit of time, but I want to look damn good at my wedding!!! It is a very good motivatior for me to drop my extra weight!
  • YorriaRaine
    YorriaRaine Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I recently got engaged and we are also thinking about Fall 2019 or so. Want to lose the weight for health and to look good in a dress.
  • CharlotteGoesFit
    CharlotteGoesFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I am getting married May 31, 2019 (just booked the venue yesterday)! I used to be an avid MFP user but took a year or so break. It helped me lose the first ~20lbs and I am hoping to lose the final 10lbs once and for all before the wedding (not that I'd be unhappy getting married at my current weight, but I have a goal weight). I'd love some friends - I'm going to add you guys :)
  • jordyngiulio
    jordyngiulio Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    My wedding is coming up on May 19th! (Anniversary twins with @MarylandRose it looks like!!). I am just looking to get rid of some of the extra winter indulgence I let myself acquire and get back into my consistent routine of strength training and tracking. The winter weather is breaking here too so I am hopeful I will be able to add some weekend hiking back to my routine. My goal is to be comfortable knowing that I look healthy and happy. I don't want to lose a lot of weight (maybe 10-15 pounds) because I do still want to look like me, if that makes any sense. I just want to be confident, strong, and happy. Congratulations to all the other brides - I can't wait to see photos!
  • db121215
    db121215 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I went from 223 to 155 for my Oct wedding, in 9 months. Down another 10 from that now. Just gotta be diligent. Wedding is the perfect motivator. Congrats and good luck!
  • ellie117
    ellie117 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I got engaged at the beginning pf November at my highest weight I've ever been - 214lbs at 5'5".
    When we first started dating, I was around 150. Over 5 years of comfort, craft beer, and pizza nights, led me to where I was on our engagement day.

We are getting married December 28th and I hope to be below what I was when our relationship began. What better way to kickstart our forever together than in the best shape of our lives, right? Hoping he won't be able to take his eyes (or hands hehe) off me on our Wedding Day.

Good luck to all!
  • natruallycurious
    natruallycurious Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all of you lovely ladies on your engagements! I just got married about a week and a half ago. The best feeling was having ordered my dress a size down and still having to get it taken in. You all can do it! Good luck and don't let the stress of planning a wedding deter your healthy lifestyle or take away from enjoying your special day!