Anyone 18-28 (in college)? In need of more support....

Options
I started Myfitnesspal back on January 4th 2010 at 293 pounds! Between now and then I have had a hiatus of a few months and have recently returned. My current weight is now at 247.9 and I couldn't be happier. I see a lot of the older folks, (no offense to anyone over 30 lol), who are really shedding the weight and are always showing their support. I would love to find some peeps my own age on here who are seriously looking to lose some major weight and who are committed loggers. If you are in this to win it, please add me!

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    hey there! I'm 24 and am taking my LAST final EVER tomorrow morning. I've been on MFP for a year and a half and I have 12 lbs left to lose. I'm one of those log-in streakers (i'm near 300 consecutive days) and i also love twilight!

I'd love to support one another!
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    here i am! recently graduated, but i'm here for all the support you need! :) i've had MFP for a while now, but just recently started actively using it. raid my friends list, i've friended some really awesome, motivational people.
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am 27 a full time student and a stay at home mom of 2 kids under 2.

congrats on the weight loss so far and feel free to add me

I am currently 14 lbs from my goal but would like to loose another 10-15 after that.
    I have been working on loosing weight since November 2010 (when my youngest was born) and have so far lost 95 lbs
  • marie_2454
    marie_2454 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I added you :)
  • cindymarguerite
    Options
    Hello there, I'm 19 and this fall i'll be a sophomore in college and looking to lose 100+ pounds ! wooo! i'm always here for support and motivation (:
  • BossyGirl
    BossyGirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Me!
    Im 23, in college for RN, and have 2 sons, one 3, and one 8months. Im also a worker (labor and delivery).
    Im super busy alot, and need lots of support! I just deleted all my friends bc they never logged on anymore! With my pregnancy i shot up to 220 lbs. Im at 170, but would like to get to about 145 before me and my husband go to Jamaica in march. Im starting p90x in october, but wanting to loose about 10lbs before I start.
  • Marcieb21
    Marcieb21 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 18 and I'm starting college this fall :D
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 21 and will be a college senior in the fall. I've lost almost 50 pounds, but could use a lot of help on the last 10!
  • tayteetots
    tayteetots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and going into my final year for my Honours B.A.. Thesis writing here I come(hopefully without too many snacks)!
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Megan, been out of school for 2 years now but still feel like im in college because im at that time period between grad school and a big kid job :-) Im 25 and in need of losing at least 40pounds! Im one who likes to always "start" dieting/exercise but never accomplishes her goal and this time im in it for real! Im training for a half marathon in Oct! Feel free to add me :-)
  • shandekapratt
    Options
    IM 25 AND IM A MEDIACAL ASSISTANT BY DAY AND GO TO SCHOOL AT NIGHT TO BE A SURGICAL TECH. I HOPING TO LOOSE 13 POUNDS!
  • hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Hi! Well, I'm not in College anymore (I graduated a few years ago) but I work for a University! lol. I'm 27 and I LOVE MFP. It sounds like you and I have similar situations too - at my heaviest, I toppled over even more than your highest, and last year, after dropping nearly 60 pounds, I joined MFP and started on the right track. I fell off the wagon for a while but I came back with a new found motivation more recently and I am dedicated to do this! I'd love to add you and help support you in your journey!
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    welcome!

im 19, and just about to start my second year of college. im doing a Bachelors in Mathematics. i totally understand the difficulties of trying to lose weight when you have so much other stuff going on, especially exam season! from february to the start of may i lost about 13 pounds. then, when classes stopped and exams started, the stress caused my weight to creep back up as i comforted myself with icecream, cookies and all sorts of junk.

im off for summer vacation now but i move back to the city in 3 weeks. im so excited to get back in the rhythm of school and weightloss.

i started my weightloss at 259, got to a low of 213 in april/may this year, then the weight creeped up again. im now at 230 :(

good luck to you!
  • twilightfan20
    twilightfan20 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys so much for the friend requests! I've sent a few myself, and unfortunately, you can only send 5 within a 10 minute period, but if anyone else is out there, please come and join the club! I have a feeling with all the new support, we're going to be reaching our goals in no time. Keep em' coming!!!

:happy: :heart:
  • cindymarguerite
    Options
    welcome!

im 19, and just about to start my second year of college. im doing a Bachelors in Mathematics. i totally understand the difficulties of trying to lose weight when you have so much other stuff going on, especially exam season! from february to the start of may i lost about 13 pounds. then, when classes stopped and exams started, the stress caused my weight to creep back up as i comforted myself with icecream, cookies and all sorts of junk.

im off for summer vacation now but i move back to the city in 3 weeks. im so excited to get back in the rhythm of school and weightloss.

i started my weightloss at 259, got to a low of 213 in april/may this year, then the weight creeped up again. im now at 230 :(

good luck to you!

oh my goodness we have similar stats!! I started at 256, got down to 215 then over the summer it crept up to 230 =/ now i'm at 202 and desperately trying to get out of the 200's.
  • JD92
    JD92 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    welcome!

good luck to you!

oh my goodness we have similar stats!! I started at 256, got down to 215 then over the summer it crept up to 230 =/ now i'm at 202 and desperately trying to get out of the 200's.

202?? im so jealous. that was my goal for the summer holidays with a challenge on the forum somwhere. well, 200. i maxed at 237 a few weeks ago, but that was just after returning from vacation and an 8 hour flight. i cant wait to get to where you are now! what height are you?
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Meeeee! I'm taking a break atm but I'm definately still a student! Now I'm married and on top of being a new wife, I have 50+lbs to lose. I'm at 225 trying to get down to 175, and then around 150-160.
  • cindymarguerite
    Options
    welcome!

good luck to you!

202?? im so jealous. that was my goal for the summer holidays with a challenge on the forum somwhere. well, 200. i maxed at 237 a few weeks ago, but that was just after returning from vacation and an 8 hour flight. i cant wait to get to where you are now! what height are you?

you've made it this far already so you can totally do it! i'm 5'6 and a half. how about you?
  • Maggiedc
    Maggiedc Posts: 49
    Options
    I'm 27 and was a full time student for a very long time...graduated about a year and a half ago...but was also looking for people in the 25-30 range...feel free to add me!
  • adrimtz
    adrimtz Posts: 3
    Options
    i'm 24 and 35 days into MFP and could always use more support!!!