I need some vegan recipes!! What do you guys recommend??

Options
lilyrojas14
lilyrojas14 Posts: 2 Member
I love being a vegan. My body feels liberated of toxins and nasty growth hormones they inject animals with, I recommend watching a documentary on Netflix called “What the Health” it will most certainly open your eyes. Now, I love making my own recipes but it’s always fun trying new things and experiment with new foods and tastes.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @lilyrojas14 I moved this to the recipes board
  • violetcutie
    violetcutie Posts: 31 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I became vegan 3 months ago after watching the same documentary on Netflix! My fiance & I have been trying a lot of the store bought pre-packaged veggie brands like Morningstar Farms, Gardein, Beyond Meat, etc. and we've found some fav go to quick meals. We also tried some items from these brands & others that were gross lol These are a few of our go-to weekly staples.

*Morningstar Farms* - Spicy Buffalo Chik Patties (we use Aunt Millies whole grain reduced calorie hamburger buns, lettuce, red onion, & mustard).
    Chik'n Nuggets, Grillers Crumbles (sloppy joe, tacos, etc), & their Original Sausage Patties taste like little meatloafs. (This brand is more vegetarian than vegan though).

*Gardein* - Meatless Meatballs are kind of amazing with whole grain or chickpea/lentil pasta and organic marinara. I also can't say enough good things about their Mandarin Orange Crispy Chik'n, seriously so good!

*Beyond Meat* - their fresh not frozen burgers are one of our favs. Super high protein, bleeds beet juice when when you cook it so it looks like real meat, and tastes the closest to real meat we've tried. Lettuce wrap it or whole grain bun it with ur fav burger toppings.
    Their grilled chicken strips are good too. We like to get whole grain wraps, saute the Beyond Meat grilled chicken strips with green pepper, white onion, then add it to the wrap with romaine, black olives, sliced cucumbers, mild banana peppers, & Organicville's Olive oil and Balsamic dressing. They're amazing!

I recommend trying everything vegan you can get your hands on & finding your own favorites! Only way diets work in my opinion is if it's not a "diet" but a lifestyle change. If you can't see yourself doing it long term, move on to the next. Hope this helps ☺
  • UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti made with spaghetti squash and tomato paste. Add some ground ginger, peppercorn, maybe some cloves and basil. Also nutritional yeast.

And airpopped popcorn with molasses and cinnamon drizzled on top.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I am not vegan, but love skinnytaste.com She does have vegan options as well
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Pinterest
  • huladog1
    huladog1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You could try falafel. The below site has ideas for different ways to serve falafel beyond the basic stuff it in a pita with some chopped salad option.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-food/creative-falafel-recipes/

Also... Trader Joe's sells a falafel mix in a box that's really good, quick and easy to prepare. No food processor required.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I recommend checking out Kicki Yang Zhang's YouTube channel for meal ideas. She's not uploading much currently but has done a lot of "Vegan What I Eat in a Day" that are excellent and a little different from some other vegan YT videos I've seen.

I'm not vegan and neither is my husband, but we don't eat meat at home or cook with it...and we find that a lot of the meatless recipes we use can easily become vegan by leaving out cheese and/or using nondairy milks and stuff like that. I'd say about 30% of our meals are "not on purpose" vegan or would be without cheese. Just an idea. All of the specifically made for vegan products are great but there are tons of things you can do with just vegetables, potatoes, oats, chickpeas, lentils, spices & sauces like Sriracha...almost endless yummy ideas!

Great vegan cookbooks out there too, we love the ones by Isa Chandra Moskowitz.
  • KetoKitty666
    KetoKitty666 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You ever try making your own tofu? Super cheap and far better than the store stuff, you can make it with only vinegar if you extract the ‘milk’ from the beans yourself
  • fitbit9672
    fitbit9672 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’ve been vegan for 7 years and vegetarian for 5 years before that. I think you’ve made a great choice for your health. I’d recommend this recipe if you have a slow cooker but you can also make it in the stove: https://www.budgetbytes.com/2016/07/slow-cooker-coconut-curry-lentils/ I make it at least once a month and freeze it in batches.
    My fave cookbook is Thug Kitchen Eat Like You Give a F***. Everything in that book has turned out delicious!