Determined!

Options
Reached my mid 40's (female) and have to adjust my whole way of eating. Am I alone in this

Replies

• Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    You're not alone. Many of us hit the middle age gain, or never dropped baby weight, or a million other reasons. We're all here to find the better path to health :) Welcome to MFP!
  • avocados9
    avocados9 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is this - if you don't buy it, it's not in your house, so you won't eat it :) but also indulge once in awhile. Good luck !
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Definitely not alone on this one. I miss the years before calories, tracking, macros, “training”, injury, sleep deprivation, 8 glasses of water, low carb, keto, IF, fads, sublime taste and magic pills ever existed

I am sure there is a way to live totally by NEAT and playing alone without being young again
  • harrythomas2
    harrythomas2 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Of course you're not. I'm 20 and living at home, and my mum just stopped buying foods we all craved and, honestly, ate too much of. She said it wasn't 'real food', and she was right - I'm pretty sure we all feel better for the change, though.

Start small, one meal at a time. Once eating a healthy breakfast becomes a habit, move onto lunch, repeat, and then onto dinner.

You got this.
  • bisto1971
    bisto1971 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    h1udd wrote: »
    Definitely not alone on this one. I miss the years before calories, tracking, macros, “training”, injury, sleep deprivation, 8 glasses of water, low carb, keto, IF, fads, sublime taste and magic pills ever existed

I am sure there is a way to live totally by NEAT and playing alone without being young again

There must be a way surely haha!
  • bisto1971
    bisto1971 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I was 43 and had to change how I ate, moved, believed, thought and felt. I had to change how I grocery shopped and cooked. I had to get my sleep fixed. It sounds like a lot of work, and it is, but it's so rewarding, and I feel so much more relaxed and happy now, not just lighter and healthier.

I do need to really sort my sleep for sure!