I need advice please

Options
Hello .. i'm a 21 years old girl and i've been trying to lose weight for more than 9 years (i've always been a little overweight foe my age ) .. but now that i've grown not only i need yo lose weight to boost my confidence vut i also want to avoid having future health problems .. over all i'm starting all over today but my problem is that in my college campus the food isn't that healthy and i can't afford to buy things to eat all the time .. my goal is to lose 25 Kg and i definitly need advice on how not to give up because i usually give up around 1 week ( especially if i have a cheat meal .. i just give it up all )

Replies

• Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Hey!... We all have a cheat meal or go over our calories at times, the key is to log it, forget it and move on! If one tyre on your car gets a puncture, do you pop the rest? Nope... Mend it and you're on the road again! For motivation and support, I'm a member of a group on here called F2F... That has helped me so much... It makes me feel less lonely in this struggle... Accountability is important! The food might not be the best you can choose but as long as you burn more calories than you eat, you WILL lose weight... Make sure you get your exercise in and drink lots of water!!! Hope you get comfier on your journey sweets :)<3
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    A healthy weigh is in relation to height, not age.

You lose weight by eating less, and you can eat less of anything.

Everybody has to pay for food. You don't have to eat all the time. If you want to lose weight, you have to eat less.

Don't cheat. Make a plan you can and want to stick to, so you don't need or want to cheat.
  • Rincewind_1965
    Rincewind_1965 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    The key is to not take the occasional "lost battle of the day" as a personal defeat but as a chance to learn something about yourself. And if you only learned about "Yet another thing to avoid" you really learned a lot more than most ever will.

Pick up the shards of your pride and continue your path, with a special stress on the word "your".
    Don't let anyone tell you what you should do, but be smart enough to accept a good advice if it hits you.
  • MikokoKaiji
    MikokoKaiji Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The key is to not take the occasional "lost battle of the day" as a personal defeat but as a chance to learn something about yourself. And if you only learned about "Yet another thing to avoid" you really learned a lot more than most ever will.

Pick up the shards of your pride and continue your path, with a special stress on the word "your".
    Don't let anyone tell you what you should do, but be smart enough to accept a good advice if it hits you.

Will do thank u ♡