Question of the Day- Day 19!!

Options
:heart: Question of the Day- Day 19!!! :heart:

What does everyone do for a living?

**Me- I am a dispatcher for a GPS installation company. I will have been there one year next month. I use to do accounts payable and receivable for 3 years but then we moved. This is not what I want to do forever but I don't know what i want to do so this is it for now. I am also a full and I do mean full time momma to 2 AMAZING kids :love:

Replies

• bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am a paraprofessional for a city school district basically it is a teacher assistant I will be going back to work next week working with preschoolers and Kindergarten, I have worked at this school year for almost 6 years and have worked with pretty much 1st-6th grade. I am working on my Bachelors to be a teacher so I dont want to be the assistant forever but it has given me the experience I need to be in the classroom. I also have 3 children of my own, it was them that inspired me to work with kids:smile::heart:
  • foremaar012
    Options
    I finally got a job after 3months of being unemployed...I couldn't even get a serving job and I have 5years serving experience. blaah Now I work the front desk at a hotel....5 years of college and $20,000 and I'm a hotel clerk. This economy sucks. At least I got a job though.
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Im a stay at home wife and momma to 3 desperatly looking for a job and havin no luck
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    I went to College for Child and Youth Worker
    I'm an Educational Assistant (Teaching Assistant)
    I work with Special Needs in a High School
    But the most rewarding job is being a Mama
    to my two boys LIam and Mason
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I finally got a job after 3months of being unemployed...I couldn't even get a serving job and I have 5years serving experience. blaah Now I work the front desk at a hotel....5 years of college and $20,000 and I'm a hotel clerk. This economy sucks. At least I got a job though.

I feel you! 5 years of college and im still working at a college pay job...so frustrating!!! but just know that you aren't in this alone!
  • foremaar012
    Options
    thanks, ya but to be positive working the college level job gives me the opportunity to travel and enjoy life before settling in for the long haul ( although most of my day is spent researching companies and applying)
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yeah me too! Or im on the computer with MFP or FB. I love the flexiblity of my job, i work as an Aide at a Phyical Therapy office and work four 10hr shifts, so i have 3 day weekends with nights and holidays off! However, I hate the fact that my paycheck is sooooo small! One day something will come. Whether it be Grad School or a "Big Kid Job" :-)
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • chelsbells26
    Options
    I work at AT&T Wireless as a Retail Sales Consultant. I get to sell CELL PHONES haha I guess this is kinda boring and what not but I enjoy my job for the most part. I get to meet a lot of interesting people and as weird as it may sound, selling phones to people can really make you feel good. Especially kids and older folks because they are usually extremely new to the whole CELL PHONE thing :) I love leaving an impact on people and even if it just that I was a really awesome and nice sales person, I feel really good :)
  • TruckerChick
    Options
    I'm doing anything at the moment, but before I left Las Vegas, I cleaned swimming pools. I totally loved that job!!! And I was good at it. I quit that job to take care of my aunt, who has since passed away. When she ended up in the hospital, I would help the nurses with their jobs (cuz they were sooo overloaded) and most of them encouraged me to go back to school and become recertified (because I was once a CNA, but that was ages ago, in another lifetime)... soooo, I'm attempting to go back to school to become a CNA.
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Aahh a CNA I feel line that's what I should be doing! I don't know about going back to school just thinking about it stresses me out!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    well im going to school for medical assisting right now :)