Fighting the dreaded Menopause Weight Gain.

Options
I will not hide my body no matter how old I get! I want to be comfortable in my body and not feel self conscious when I am at the beach or when it's summer time and I want to wear shorts (not capris). I am finding that it takes a lot longer to lose 10 lbs of fat now that I'm post menopause than when I was in my thirties and forties. Patience and perseverance are the keys to success. The major issue right now is getting enough fiber while trying to meet my daily protein goals, especially on 1400 calories a day. I find I struggle with constipation even while drinking adequate amounts of water and being conscious of my fiber intake. I'm even using a daily fiber supplement every morning with my vitamins. I am working out 3-4 days a week and I do cardio and weight training. My job as a Coca-Cola Delivery Driver is quite physical and after a 10 hour day, it is really tough to get to the gym so I make sure I workout on my three off days. If anyone is in a similar situation, I would love to hear form you.jcridasbqk2b.jpg
bxq12hsxcg77.jpg

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Maybe you don't need more fiber, but less fiber and more fat?

You are very lean - maintaining that low bodyfat % requires a great effort. I'm not in a similar situation, as my standards for healthy and fit are more lenient, and I'm not willing to cut more on my food intake and up activity level, but maybe that is a way to offer perspective.
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    You do look lean! Maybe its the types of foods you eat? I don't know
  • runzalot81
    runzalot81 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Eat the prunes!
  • 3438nancy
    3438nancy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look awesome I recently have had trouble with sudden menopause weight gain and last July got a fit bit and increased steps but found that the minute I slacked either stepped less or are more the weight came back fast then read an article about women getting older stubborn weight loss and it’s not that your metabolism is slowing from age itself but from the muscle loss from age so I started weight training 3 days a week and made that MWF one hour give or take my job I was so sore the first few weeks and thought man I’m too old for this but after 3 weeks it became a habit and after 3 months I became the fittest 150 lb woman that I have ever been and interestingly I did not gain weight easily with every cheat the way I had before hope this helps
  • bikerbroad69
    bikerbroad69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you 3438nancy! That is very useful advice! I think you are right. I will definitely do more with the weights now! BTW, the pic of me in the bathing suit was about 5-7 years ago. I am working on getting back to that. :)