Hi!

Options
I'm 29 years old and live in sunny beach-town San Diego, ugh I know, righhhhht ??? the worst place to be fat :( ... I've suffered with obesity since I was about 9 years old. When I was about 19 I fell head over heels with a guy I met chatting on-line. he lived only 20 mins away, but I refused to meet him until I lost all my weight... to make a long story short, I lost weight for all the wrong reasons & did it all the wrong ways i.e taking diet pills, hardly eating & exercising like a crazy person. Granted I lost 80lbs, but that didn't last long because I never factored in the part where I start eating normal again, then over-doing it... which, well, you get the idea - ugh I gained all my weight back and then some with-in 6 months. After that relationship went out the drain three years later, I just stopped caring and I gave up on myself. Believe me, it showed. I've been on yo yo diets ever since, none of them stuck for more than 2 months. What the most funny part is, I work at a place that offers a decent gym - FOR FREE at my disposal!!! one of my co-workers (who is also a childhood friend) started going in there and taking some serious action, that motivated me to finally get off my lazy *kitten* and do something. She introduced me to this app, its so easy!! there is no doubt in my mind that I can do it and keep the weight off this time, FOR GOOD! I'm not getting any younger & I would like to start a family one day, I can't do it with my weight holding me back.. . Anyway, thanks for reading. Can't wait till I hit my weight loss goal of at least 100lbs! cheers!! :drinker:

Replies

• k8wilson
    k8wilson Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp!
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Best of luck! Feel free to add me
  • opalescentmirage
    Options
    Welcome! I am new to MFP also. Feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • LMStark
    LMStark Posts: 150
    Options
    Welcome! Thanks for sharing your story. I sure most people on here can relate to part if not all of it. I know I sure have done some crazy stuff to lose weight. Now I am just trying to do it the right way. Feel free to friend me if you would like support. Good luck on your fitness/health journey. :smile:
  • Krae79
    Krae79 Posts: 49
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! I have a long way to go as well :flowerforyou:
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! I have been right where you were, and doing it this way just feels so much better! It has been a total lifestyle change. Best of luck to you, I know you can do it! Feel free to add me if you like :happy:
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Most of us have been there or some where close enough. I know I have been around the block a few times now and am still struggling. However for the first time I have found a tool that actual is helpful in MFP so you are definitely at the right place! I've added you because when it comes to weight-loss I don't think you can ever have enough support :-)