*kitten* People Do (at the gym)

avocardiothyme
avocardiothyme Posts: 52 Member
What’s the craziest/weirdest thing you have seen someone do at the gym?

Yesterday I saw a young girl wrapping her stomach in plastic wrap...I can’t hahaha

j1f9fh412nx3.jpeg

Replies

• km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    A guy loudly hooting like an owl on the elliptical.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    A guy that lifts weights in flip flops....

Yeah..

That is definitely crazy - he could lose a foot or a toe if he dropped those weights . . .
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Taking selfies in front of the "no cell phones" sign in the spa like they're so cute and rebellious.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,177 Member
    I concede I'm no fitness expert but sometimes I see people doing things that are just wrong. At the first gym I joined many years ago, there was a guy that we called The Turtle. He would use way (weigh) too much weight on the bench press and once or twice ended up looking like a turtle on his back.
  • avocardiothyme
    km8907 wrote: »
    A guy loudly hooting like an owl on the elliptical.

wtf lol
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,558 Member
    There's a guy at my gym who walks around in workout briefs
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,099 Member
    A guy that lifts weights in flip flops....

Yeah..

I live in Flor-i-duh..... thats normal! LOL
  • Mithridites
    Mithridites Posts: 600 Member
    This guy comes in quite regularly to our condo gym, smelling like Cheech and Chong put together. He flips on Family Feud and proceeds to watch it on a very loud volume setting interspersed with stretching in his bare feet on the carpet. He also hikes those feet up on as many pieces of equipment as there are in the gym. In very short shorts. You get the picture? :o Then he puts the treadmill on a fast setting and jumps on it occasionally, in his flip flops, holding on for dear life for about 30 seconds at a time, before jumping off again to keep watching his show for another 5 minutes. How he hasn’t killed or maimed himself doing this over the last 3 years, I cannot fathom. Hasn’t lost any weight though :|
  • avocardiothyme
    Saw a guy eating a small box of brownies while slowly pedaling on a reclined bike. Maybe he was saving his energy...?
  • Time2LoseTheWait
    Time2LoseTheWait Posts: 154 Member
    I saw a guy bring a curling bar with about 50 lbs over to the treadmill .. put the bar on his shoulders and run at full speed on the treadmill for 60 seconds .. then get off and do squats right in the narrow walkway. Just loud and annoying with no regard for anyone else. Plus it tore up the treadmill :-/