Seeking Healthy Banana Muffin Recipe (vanilla protein mix, w

Options
G'day!

I have been extremely focused on my health kick and am really keen to find a delicious, healthy alternative to the classic yummy Banana Muffin. Superior Whey Vanilla Protein mix is also a huge part of my daily intake and was wondering if anyone had any clever suggestions on how I can adapt/integrate this ingredient into a yummy home-made muffin recipe.

Here is a base recipe that I have pulled off taste.com.au, any suggestions will be mouth-wateringly-welcome!

**Banana & Rolled Oats Muffins**
Ingredients__________________
* 2 cups (260g) self-raising flour
* 1 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
* 1 cup (100g) rolled oats
* 1/2 cup (100g) brown sugar
* 2 eggs
* 3/4 cup (185g) plain low-fat yoghurt
* 1/4 cup (60ml) canola oil
* 2 bananas, mashed (250g)

"Keep it real, banana-peel!"

Ciao,
Picinina

Replies

• buttahbaby
    buttahbaby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    sounds tasty
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Bumping to save this recipe for later. You should be able to add a scoop of your protein powder to this.
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    bump
  • picinina
    picinina Posts: 76
    Options
    So, the general view is.. the recipe is good.. just add the protein powder? *too easy!*

Still interested to see what other recipes are out there though... Keen for other recipes!!
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    I follow a high protein diet and experiment a lot when I cook so when baking I usually find a recipe and just add a scoop of protein powder to the flour measurement. 97% it comes out great! I won't lie though a few times the bake good is overly moist. So sometimes it is a gamble lol I have tried this with apple cinnamon bread and vanilla protein powder but not yet with banana bread. Same concept so should work. Just use your recipe and give it a shot :-) Good luck!