Cravings

Just started intermittent fasting a week ago and a fitness routine. Started out at 366.8 lbs. My highest weight ever, I've fluctuated greatly my while life. Down 7 lbs already. Was at a friend's house tonite and had 2 beers and we got talking about the best pizza places in our city. I left his house at midnite craving junk of some kind, pizza or a late night binge session at taco bell. Fought through the urge and came home, it was tough as hell tho. What's your secret to fight cravings?

Replies

• Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    edited April 2018
    Unfortunately this is not easy. I crave all the wrong foods too... so far, I've avoided them for 6 weeks....I keep telling myself, if I can do it for 6 weeks, I can continue doing it !
    Try to have healthier versions of the foods you crave in the house. ... pizza can be replaced by a wholemeal wrap with tomato puree or pasata topped with mushrooms/ corn/ ham/ onion/ cheese and toasted under the grill.... might help the cravings a bit.
    Best of luck, u can do it !
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    I save the calories during the week to enjoy my weekends.
  • whoiseli
    whoiseli Posts: 5 Member
    For me I allow myself to have a cheat meal once a week. It's because I have a huge sweet tooth. And just not eating some form of sugar - other than fruits - drives me up the wall. However, there should be a time limit for the cheat day... For example, by the end of 6.30pm, I no longer eat anything of any kind... Let alone, any snack. I think cheat meals allow us to enjoy ourselves but also know our limits. Not to mention, weighing yourself after the cheat day, and just healthy eating all over again.
  • TrinityR05
    TrinityR05 Posts: 77 Member
    if I get really hungry in between meals, I just snack on some walnuts to help with the cravings and drink some unsweetened iced tea. it seems to help. but, beer definitely increases my hunger, which is why I ultimately just stopped drinking it. I also allow myself a cheat meal once per week.
  • dano6337
    dano6337 Posts: 1 Member
    Way more likely to succumb to cravings after I've been drinking. I'm impressed that you walked on by.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    I fiddle around with my meal plans for the next few days until I can just have the thing I crave. I anticipate exactly what it’s going to be like, I eat it slowly and thoroughly enjoy it, and then I spend a few hours afterwards thinking about how good it was and remembering the taste.

After that I’m pretty sated on whatever-it-was and can just get on with my life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!